Got my Heli stuff the other day

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I did the trade for my micro DT cuz I dont use it and I dont even really like it. Although now I have a bunch of stuff that I have no clue what hardly any of it is. I'm thinking about trading it for something. What do you guys think? I still want a heli but I was thinking of maybe trading all of this stuff to someone who knows what their doing and then maybe buy a 600 with training gear after I've had some practice on the simulator. Or should I just try and muddle my way through the piles of parts that I have?

Heres a bunch of pictures of all the stuff that I got....what do you guys think?
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.379508022096351.79754.369184703128683&type=3

no my micro was a pimped out shelf queen....all aluminum.....brushless lots of extra....custom body etc.....i probably had 250-300 bucks in it with all the lipo etc. So i gather from your post i should keep this stuff and just figure out what is what?

A shelf queen? Sheeeesh. I don't think that's allowed here. :hehe:

Figuring out what you have and putting things together will really give you the understanding you need to deal with helis. Stay with the sim and bang these around till you're ready to step up.
You got a great deal.

ok rolex....i guess ill stick with this....i got a bunch of projects to do before I'm gonna mess with these though.

thx

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy a 600 and training gear. Listen to the Rolex, he knows what he's talking about.....

most of the time. :D Seriously though, you won't learn to fly (and I mean fly, not hover around) helis without crashing at least a few times. It's just part of it, no different than learning to ride a bicycle, etc. The smaller birds 300-450 size, are much cheaper to fix post crash. Meaning you're much more likely to fix it quickly and get back to learning. Fly the crap out of the sim, and that little fixed pitch bird until you can fly circuits for a whole pack. Then move up to the Belt CP.

Last edited:
but the bigger the heli or the plane the easier to fly? I heard that somewhere that why i was thinking about doing that

They aren't easier to fly necessarily. They are more neutrally stable, meaning when you set them into an orientation they won't drift as much, and they are easier to see. But by the same respect they have more power, and more blade surface area and thus thrust meaning they'll get away from you in a hurry as well. One thing that makes a big difference in both neutral stability and feeling like a bigger than it is bird, is to go flybarless. It makes a HUGE difference in how a bird flies and feels. The other thing is a mostly crash proof small CP heli like a Blade MCP X. Those two things made my flying improve by leaps and bounds in one season.

A rotor tip into the ground NEVER works out well for a big heli. When you know you're ready for the big guy, you'll also know that won't ever happen.

Yep, flying helis is great...I flew Raptor 50's and the Align 600N...I miss it..lol

Take your time and be patient with it, you can't rush it. Like these other guys have stated, spend time on the sim. When you can successfully hover, put in forward flight, and then come back to a hover, where you started, then i would say go for the real deal. Also work on hovering, start with tail in, then move to nose in, then work on left and right side hovering. It makes forward flight ALOT easier. Good luck : )

Time for me to buy another heli now..LOL

-Nitro

Back