got a few questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaa

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all

I have a few questions while waiting for my new RC to arrive.

1#
how many of you would recommend fitting Failsafe systems to the cars (especially nitro)??? my old Kyosho dbx (nitro) had one(fastrax micro failsafe) but i never see anyone fitting them to their cars :confused:

2#
how susceptible are current radio gears to getting signal jamming?? my new car says it has a 2.4ghz radio gear.
my old dbx got smashed up because the signal somehow got jammed to the receiver and i lost control in a car park (closed supermarket), smashed the whole front end when i hit a shopping trolley head on... i was told security radios caused it but i'm not sure

Thanks
Kaa.

#2 .I feel having been in rc since the late 1970"s the 2.4 ghz systems are now much more none frequency bounces (signal loose or interference )compared to 72mhz and most systems old and new..
#1. I always add a failsafe now many radios have them on rx and transmitter both but a stand alone fail safe is best.
seen a 5b years ago go flying across a empty field b4 going thru a chain link fence then thru a brick garage then catch fire. it was a field that backed up to a field that was 2000 ' x 1000'.
https://www.davesmotors.com/Killer-RC-Super-Bee-Failsafe-Kill-Switch-Combo

I don't run a separate FS anymore. I still use a TRS (throttle return spring), but I rely on the built in "home/bind" setting of my 2.4ghz receivers. Back in the day when I ran AM/FM, I used those OFNA micro failsafe's. At the time, there were some that would engage with the receiver voltage got too low, but I don't think the OFNA MFS did.

I've never run into a signal interference issue with 2.4Ghz. Then again, I don't run in areas where wireless stuff exists, other than my cell phone in my pocket. I suppose if you were driving near a heavily saturated wifi area like an office building or factory, you may run into issues.

In the 70's, wasn't the failsafe the string that was tied to the car because there wasn't an actual remote? Just like the gas powered plane?

Just kidding.

My self and all of my buddies use separate fail safe systems. It never hurts to have a fail safe for your fail safe. They are inexpensive and they are pretty small.

In the 70's, wasn't the failsafe the string that was tied to the car because there wasn't an actual remote? Just like the gas powered plane?

Just kidding.

My self and all of my buddies use separate fail safe systems. It never hurts to have a fail safe for your fail safe. They are inexpensive and they are pretty small.
Back when I first switched to spektrum on my nitro's, it was mentioned to not run an additional electronics FS as it may cause issues with the internal one in the receiver. That's kind of why I quit using them.