Good idea, or waste of brain energy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke66

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
so i found this: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...fa35e9&afSmartRedirect=y&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa and i knew about this: https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...sion-conversion-kit-scx10-i-ii/PRO638500.html so what if i put them together to build a carbon fiber 2wd i-beam trophy truck!? I know what ur thinking. "Luke, u need to finish ur 3D printed I-beam truck!" but then i say "But this look REALLY COOL" then u say "Luke ur broke." then i say "Oh yeah........"

so, is this a good idea? or just a waste of my time, effort, genius, soul, and mind?

Idk.
You also need to finish you slash and rustler and bandit mid motor cars / project things. You mentioned so much about all the 2wd traxxas cars so idk what model it is anymore. It is probably 20 percent slash 20percent rustler 20 percent bandit and 20 percent nitro rustler and 20 percent stampede or something.

@Addict Rc pretty sure had / has a crawler with a custom chassis. I dont know much about crawlers and trophy trucks.

If you make or get a trophy truck. Should you get a trophy too? An award for getting it.

I am on the same spectrum here. Thinking of what to do with the rustler and slash. Thinking of 10th scale offroad cars, mini cars, crawlers, drift cars. Been thinking about alot.

so far my Rusty MM is just a Slash-Nitro-rustler. i dont have a second Traxxas 2wd yet. I'm putting everything on hold as i save for my real car..
Idk.
You also need to finish you slash and rustler and bandit mid motor cars / project things. You mentioned so much about all the 2wd traxxas cars so idk what model it is anymore. It is probably 20 percent slash 20percent rustler 20 percent bandit and 20 percent nitro rustler and 20 percent stampede or something.

@Addict Rc pretty sure had / has a crawler with a custom chassis. I dont know much about crawlers and trophy trucks.

If you make or get a trophy truck. Should you get a trophy too? An award for getting it.

I am on the same spectrum here. Thinking of what to do with the rustler and slash. Thinking of 10th scale offroad cars, mini cars, crawlers, drift cars. Been thinking about alot.
MM THEM ALL!!!!

Last edited:
What's the benefit to I beam suspension on an RC? In the 1/1 world, it's durability. Is that necessary or beneficial in the rc world? Not knocking your idea, just genuinely curious.

I actually want that kit beam kit. My only thing is the speed involved and cf frame rails. Without proper bracing I bent the factory steel channel......

Back