good bye slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxman58

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
thin king about gettin rid of a slash vxl 2 wheel drive the car always has some problem and I'm sick of it. Tis is like my 4th car i bought and i was thinking of the first car i wanted(went with a used emaxx instead) any one ever have this and what scale is it?
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/107134/

I know nothing about them but they are 1/12th scale. I'm surpised the slash hasnt been good to you. I loved my 2wd's and the 4wds are just bad ass imo.

esc craped a few times currently the radio is dying the a arms and caster blocks break on the lightest hits. and i want to go to a 4x4 and this car isnt terriblely expensive

Just buy a few rpm parts and problem solved. It's a fun basher truck for sure.

i run full rpm on my tmaxx and want to continue the 4x4 cars but my slash isnt

The 4wd slash is very nice in my opinion. They run great out of the box.

expensive and i can just throw a vxl in the hpi car

I have had durability issues with all my smaller scale hpi rigs. IMO, they don't compare to there 1/8 scale line up.

I have seen and worked in this hpi rig multiple times and I can say it's absolutely garbage. I don't know what you are doing wrong with your slash but it's considered by thousands of owners (including myself) to be an amazingly simple elegant rig. I would say you should go to your hobby shop with the slash and see if they can help resolve any setup issues.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

I've got 1 of the original slashes and while its not my favorite rig (SC just isnt me) it does take some pretty hard beatings and usually come back for more. +1 for Savagefan and the RPM sugestion. My only issue was the stock brushed motor was junk IMO and I went thru 3 of em before I upgraded. I would imagine if you try to treat a 1/12 scale like a 1/10 or 1/8 truck and hit the same jumps and bash it the same than it wouldnt last either but thats my .02

!2th scale are for on road only. They're built for road course driving and aren't built for jumps and collisions. If you hit a curb or a large pebble, you will be replacing parts. And like phins fan said, a jump will destroy them.

They're not too bad on dirt off-road tracks. We had an 1/18 scale Helion Animus SC run the track that we race 1/10 scale on. They would have had a racing class but there weren't enough sold to start it off. Those little buggers can handle a track.

I have seen and worked in this hpi rig multiple times and I can say it's absolutely garbage. I don't know what you are doing wrong with your slash but it's considered by thousands of owners (including myself) to be an amazingly simple elegant rig. I would say you should go to your hobby shop with the slash and see if they can help resolve any setup issues.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

I second this motion 110% here!

I didnt have my slash long but I loved my 4x4.

Back