GIVEAWAY: MIP Metric Hex Driver Set (9502)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

scoviman

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Please! Please! Give to me the wonderful,beautiful,sexy,all around awesome MIP hex drivers to replace my CHEESY ones!

lcam88

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing
WOW, what a turn out. Glad to see so many people interested in the hex wrench set - these really are some of the very best available.

But you guys already know that, and right now only want to know who won the set of MIP hex drivers so lets find out who...

The winner is post number 247:

View attachment 118542

This post belongs to @lcam88!

Congrats to you @lcam88 and thank you to everyone that participated in the giveaway. I'm hoping to have another giveaway soon so keep checking the forums!
Wow! I can't believe it. I need to get a toolbox now!

I've been using my buddies hex set until now so these will be a fine addition to my growing tool collection. Thank you rctalk.com and Woodie for making this possible.

Last edited:

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
Staff member
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Flying
Wow! I can't believe it. I need to get a toolbox now!

I've been using my buddies hex set until now so these will be a fine addition to my growing tool collection. Thank you rctalk.com and Woodie for making this possible.
Congrats on the win. You'll love those wrenches.

lcam88

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing
My MIP hex wrenches came in today.

They look very good.

They work even better than they look.

They are made of a hardened steel, and the edges of the hex where they form that 90 degree angle to the tip, and the 120 degree angle to next face of the hexagon is very sharp. As I was putting the heat shrink clear plastic finishing over the labels I notices these angled corners of the wrench scratching into the heat shrink plastic as though it where butter.

I installed an 18 tooth pinion gear I received from Tekno RC into the RC and let me say, my mitts have been hardened by some home improvement / reform work I've been doing for the past few months, but those wrenches gave me confidence to torque my pinion set bolt, and motor mount bolts in with confidence. There is a very crisp and positive feedback about how screws are being tightened into place when using these tools.

My impression is that hex bolts where engineered to be tightened on with high tolerance tools like these. The hardness of the material left me with the sensation that tip deformation will be minimal and these tools will be a part of my kit for some time. I am curious about how brittle the material is and whether and when they may snap, but for now I will need to find that out another day if that day ever comes. Certainly dropping them tip first onto tiled or concrete floor should be avoided; careless users probably don't deserve them anyway!

Before this giveaway was decided by Woodie, I had in mind to pick up a set of these even if another RCTalk member was selected. After my experience today, I have to say that I would have been very happy to have these fine tools for the asking price; if anyone is on the fence about getting them, rest assured they have my vote of confidence.

lcam88

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I can't believe you would actually USE them. If I had won them I would display them in a sealed glass cabinet.
OMG!

If only I had known before I let my monster mitts torque away at those helpless hex screws!

Maybe I should mail them to you; your MIPonline.com tool display plaque can reveal that these particular authentic wrenches are once used and yet they maintain all their luster as if they where still new.

I must confess, the packaging wasn't pristine when I received it so sadly they got round-filed and won't be making any presentations in a sealed display case.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
Staff member
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Flying
Apparently it's already too late for me to stop you so you might as well use them for another 50 years.

lcam88

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Thank you @RicoBanderez, they are indeed quite a treat.

@Rolex, thanks for the kindness. Half a century of use is your prediction... So you saying they need to be added to my will and that my affairs will not in order until then.

And... I do commend you for your display of restraint by not taking up my offer to mail them to you. Much appreciated as having to give up my precious' would have been quite a torment; you would have seen procrastination, certainly not 50 years worth, but procrastination all the same. You know... ...to "polish the drool off".

When you do decide how best to use that sealed glass case, let me know.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
Staff member
Supporter
Military Veteran
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Flying
I certainly appreciate the offer to mail them to me but I'm going to turn you down due to that "drool" factor. :drool:
Since we only know each other on the internet, I have no way of knowing how foul and infectious you really might be.
I just can't run the risk of getting any worse than I already am. If you ever choose to send them to me, it will be ME in
the glass case trying to maintain a safe distance from your used, drooled-on tools. On the bright side, your DNA will
forever mark them as yours. Enjoy. :cheers:

lcam88

RCNT Member
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Fair enough.

All good fun with open smiles :D, I needed the wrenches anyway and they are happily being put to good use. I certainly hope your quib about needing sealed glass was hyperbole, either way good health to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WoodiE GIVEAWAY: Ball Bearing Kit of your choice from FastEddyBearings! Contests and Give-aways 37
WoodiE GIVEAWAY: Ball Bearing Kit from FastEddyBearings Contests and Give-aways 8
WoodiE CowRC Flatmat and parts tray Giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 191
WoodiE Axial Yeti Kit giveaway, banter thread! General Chaos 96
WoodiE Enter the LRP Z.28R engine giveaway General Chaos 136
Rolex Turkey giveaway at WKRP General Chaos 4
WoodiE CowRC flat mat, parts mat, and tools giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 138
WoodiE CowRC jumbo mat giveaway at HPISF HPI Savage 4
WoodiE Extreme RC Mods tuned pipe giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 617
WoodiE Big Blue Hobbies - ECX Ruckus 1/10th Electric Truck Giveaway Contests and Give-aways 253
WoodiE ECX Smash 1/18th Electric Truck Giveaway Contests and Give-aways 195
The Cow CowRC - The R/C Maintenance King Scale R/C Banner Giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 138
Greywolf74 Greywolf Studios Facebook Giveaway General Chaos 0
WoodiE Nitro Kill Switch Giveaway from KillerRC! Contests and Give-aways 476
WoodiE 4-piece Allen Wrench Set Giveaway from A-Plus RC! Contests and Give-aways 965
WoodiE CowRC 30% off coupon giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 35
WoodiE Extreme RC Mods Exhaust Pipe Giveaway!!! Contests and Give-aways 553
The Cow **GIVEAWAY** CowRC "CARBON FIBER COW-ORDINATION" Inside! **GIVEAWAY** Contests and Give-aways 22
WoodiE RCNitroTalk 10 year Anniversary Giveaway - the 2nd giveaway! General Chaos 476
WoodiE RCNitroTalk 10 year Anniversary Giveaway!! Contests and Give-aways 469
WoodiE Bondhus Metric Hex Driver Giveaway! General Chaos 178
WoodiE CowRC Flat Mat jumbo and micro giveaway! General Chaos 299
WoodiE CowRC Jumbo Flat Mat Giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 409
WoodiE Kobalt Double Drive and Sanyo Eneloop Batteries Giveaway Contests and Give-aways 487
WoodiE Hyperion EOS Sentry Giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 186
The Cow 2011 CowRC Holiday Giveaway is here! This is one to remember! Contests and Give-aways 13
The Cow 2011 CowRC Holiday Giveaway is near... Over $2000 in Custom CowRC Shwag and Prizes! General Chaos 2
WoodiE HPI Recon RTR Truck Giveaway! Contests and Give-aways 373
slowngreen T Shirt Giveaway! Vendors Lounge 54
voo2doo Modded Engine giveaway! Large Scale RC 11
flm_savage Cow RC giveaway General Chaos 13
flm_savage Haiti Giveaway General Chaos 9
CharliesTheMan Charlie's Monthly Giveaway Vendors Lounge 24
SkyMaxx Giveaway Thread encouragement General Chaos 20
W Info on .15 giveaway Nitro RC 2
cbaker65 Ae./MIP parts. Monster Trucks 18
Alan81 Is there any benefit to runing MIP CVD's Stadium Trucks 8
theant Honcho Mip driveshafts Scale RC 4
Childresshunt mip center Traxxas T-Maxx 12
ausher will MIP slayer cvd's splined center shafts fit revo 3.3? Traxxas Revo 11
theant Got some Mip's on order!!!! Electric RC 22
Greywolf74 Rustler MIP Axel question Stadium Trucks 5
HPI-Killer How-To Build Your MIP Shafts Reviews, How-to, & Guides 0
Bkyd Basher Mip Traxxas T-Maxx 16
Bkyd Basher Mip cvd ? Traxxas T-Maxx 4
M MIP clutch ? Traxxas T-Maxx 7
D mip cvds Traxxas Revo 2
S mip ball diff prob. Short Course Trucks 19
C revo 3.3 and mip cv axel shaft problem Nitro RC 2
abadk9420 Ax10 mip cvd tip RC Rock Crawlers 5