getting rid of the maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a dawg

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
guys i am finally getting rid of my money guzzling maxx (hopefully) my friend is gonna buy it from me and i am going right to the lhs to get myself a revo. i can't wait. but now i've been looking at the losi lst. i really want the revo because i like traxxas and the easy start, but that big lst is getting my attention too. any pros and cons to either of these machines?

I'm not familiar with that Losi, but I have to say that the Revo is intense. There are now 4 of them at my local track, and not only are they fast MTs, but they handle beautifully and are almost bullet proof.
Traxxas got this one right. So far it's in first place for my next ride.

I do not own 1 but after seeing it in person they seem tuff.If the right deal came around I would take it.

I have seen the REVO in action and that truck takes a beating. hadles better than my TMAXX but sice I installed a sirio 23 in it I am loving it more. As for the LST I think its too new to really know what its all about.

well i have only been hearing good things about the revo also, so i think my mind is set, but i have another question, is it fine to break in the motor in cold weather. since i live up here in alaska the temp is unpredicatable. for the next few days though it is susposed to stay around freezing so would i still leave the truck in the stock settings to break it in?

With any engine you should follow the instructions but in your case its different aas you are more than likely going to have an extremely rich setting and would not properly break that engine in. More then likely your temps will not even get over 200 at the break in settings. I suggest going somewhere that will allow you to break it in right or just wait till weather allows.

a dawg, interesting question about the temp for break in. I wouldn't advise doing it inside a heated igloo, either.
I'd suggest giving Traxxas a call and see what they think. The break in is the most important thing there is for a dependable, long running engine, so I'd check with them before running it. It's all about heat cycling, and at freezing, the heat just won't be right.

alright thanks guys, i am going to have to give traxxas a call because there is no way that i am going to wait until spring to buy a revo, i want one now.

Well, I'm afraid :nope: (not really) that I'm going to post an unpopular response :argue: . I only have one piece of advise for anyone who owns or is contemplating owning ANYTHING Traxxas.............. C4 :nono: . Apply liberally, :cheers: retreat to a safe distance :jet: , and detonate :nuke: . Then go :moped: to your LHS and look at what HPI has to offer :winnar:

well i though about the traxxas, looked at the HPIs that they had, but still bought the revo. man i can't wait to have this engine broken in.

You might want to check out the Traxxas web site, as they recalled the diffs on some of thier Revo's.

alright thanks, i better check.

:trout: If I stepped on any toes with my last posting I appologize. I was a little :trashed: . Had been doing a bit of :beer: . Next time I'll try not to get as :wasted: before I start posting. If it's any consulation, I paid dearly for it :puke:

parris001 said:
:trout: If I stepped on any toes with my last posting I appologize. I was a little :trashed: . Had been doing a bit of :beer: . Next time I'll try not to get as :wasted: before I start posting. If it's any consulation, I paid dearly for it :puke:

LOL your posts crack me up thats good poop right there

parris001 said:
Well, I'm afraid :nope: (not really) that I'm going to post an unpopular response :argue: . I only have one piece of advise for anyone who owns or is contemplating owning ANYTHING Traxxas.............. C4 :nono: . Apply liberally, :cheers: retreat to a safe distance :jet: , and detonate :nuke: . Then go :moped: to your LHS and look at what HPI has to offer :winnar:
even better

When breaking it in just make sure you watch your temps. Make sure your truck is warm when you start it, by having it inside or in a vehicle. Then while running it, i belive they say not to let it get over 210-215. Thay also say to put a sock or something around the head to keep it warmer. Between tanks when it is cooling watch the temp and start it back up when it hits about 70 degrees, in cooler temps this will not take the recomended 15 minutes. so watch for around 70 and start. I also had to richen mine up a little from stock setting to get these temps.

I have only had two monster trucks, a clodbuster years ago and currently a T-Maxx. There are a few guys here that have the LOSI's and I am not really impressed. One guy said his breaks at the drop of a hat. The other guy has to replace something eveytime we go out. I think those big, bad shocks are misleading, they seem break or bend very easily. The truck doen't seem to handle nearly as good as my T-Maxx either. It might be better if more aftermarket goods were available for them...

I love my LST. I put it through mrotal hell and It keeps on going. I havent broken anythgin other than the stuff the factory said is san issue and has ssent me reaplacement partde. I've only popped off ball links and such and had to snap them off. I know if it was my cen I( would have broken parts for sure... It's built like a timex. It takes a tickein and keeps on lickin/

I especially like :jet: in that post LOL!!!!!!!

"safe distance" LOL!!!!!!!!

Hey, when I start consuming the Rebel Yell (good stuff, you should look into it) I start having too much fun. But I also get opinionated and that sometimes causes trouble

Back