Need advice on Losi LMT brushless setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpslash667

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hey everyone, its been a bit, added 2 new RCs to the collection since I've been in here. I have a question on a possible brushless setup on my Losi LMT. I took the stock out of it, threw my hobbywing max10 ezrun 3660 in it. now, I, know the motor is sensorless, but is the ESC compatible with a sensored motor? Or, am i gonna have to get a whole new combo and throw the hobbywing back on the car i had it originally? I really want to get rid of this cogging at low throttle.

FB_IMG_1681737703888.jpg

The OG max10 sct with the 3660 motor is all a sensorless system. (SL motors)

The new max10 G2 is the new sensored esc and motor. The max10 G2 is available in the 80A and 3652 combo or the SCT or 140A combo is 140A esc and I believe the 3660 motor. (G2 sensored motors)

The OG max10 sct with the 3660 motor is all a sensorless system. (SL motors)

The new max10 G2 is the new sensored esc and motor. The max10 G2 is available in the 80A and 3652 combo or the SCT or 140A combo is 140A esc and I believe the 3660 motor. (G2 sensored motors)
UGH, thanks man lol, i wasted my time putting that motor in. oh well lol ebay i go lol

So all in all, the esc you have wont't do sensored motors. You would have to get a all new combo. I suggest the Max10 G2 sensored. The 140A combo will be a beast of a system.

So all in all, the esc you have wont't do sensored motors. You would have to get a all new combo. I suggest the Max10 G2 sensored. The 140A combo will be a beast of a system.
thanks for the tip man, i appreciate it. ill look into it

Give it a try... not uncommon to pull a sensor wire out to diagnose problems, wouldn't be surprised if it worked. I know a guy who gets faster lap times with his sensored wire removed!
the one david suggested is only 127.99 so i might just do that anyway. i never thought about your method though, thanks!

the one david suggested is only 127.99 so i might just do that anyway. i never thought about your method though, thanks!
Do you already have a sensored motor that is capable with the esc you are going to get? The new esc has a weird sensor wire setup. It’s like they are all combined into 1 big wire that kind of looks like a hover board charger. There is a specific way that they have to go.

Do you already have a sensored motor that is capable with the esc you are going to get? The new esc has a weird sensor wire setup. It’s like they are all combined into 1 big wire that kind of looks like a hover board charger. There is a specific way that they have to go.
yeah this is a combo for 127.99

After seeing a video of the Max10 G2 I want one in my slash 2wd. I have the same combo you are running right now. Castle sensored systems are nice too.

Ohh I remember you. You can go to Chris and see what he has in stock. My uncle is actually dropping my buggy off for some solder work to get done :)

After seeing a video of the Max10 G2 I want one in my slash 2wd. I have the same combo you are running right now. Castle sensored systems are nice too.

Ohh I remember you. You can go to Chris and see what he has in stock. My uncle is actually dropping my buggy off for some solder work to get done :)
yep! thats me lol, I've actually helping him out sometimes around the shop lately. him and his wife are really awesome people.

Wait wait wait. The combo is 127.99? Where In the flying heck are you!?!?
The Max10 G2 (80A combo) is 130 on AMain. https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...gXRK-6GIAosOUtVifQgFyU3q9Vm7XuuhoC4a8QAvD_BwE. (link to the 4100kv option)

The Max10 G2 "SCT" (140A combo) is 173 dollars on AMain.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...H1juR0YDKqZbVzYYGGg2rKfeVQemwfZRoC2kUQAvD_BwE. (link to 2100kv option)

Both are good combos. The only difference is the size of the esc and motor. And obviously motor kv.

I would go with the SCT or 140A combo. Since that would be a beast if a system. But if your on a budget then the 80A combo would do just fine. 😉🙂

For a LMT. I'm not sure what kv option you would want. I get kv confused but in turns the lower turns the lower torque and faster speed and in the higher turns it is more torque and less speed. Might be the other way around. These things are confusing.

The Max10 G2 (80A combo) is 130 on AMain. https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...gXRK-6GIAosOUtVifQgFyU3q9Vm7XuuhoC4a8QAvD_BwE. (link to the 4100kv option)

The Max10 G2 "SCT" (140A combo) is 173 dollars on AMain.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...H1juR0YDKqZbVzYYGGg2rKfeVQemwfZRoC2kUQAvD_BwE. (link to 2100kv option)

Both are good combos. The only difference is the size of the esc and motor. And obviously motor kv.

I would go with the SCT or 140A combo. Since that would be a beast if a system. But if your on a budget then the 80A combo would do just fine. 😉🙂

For a LMT. I'm not sure what kv option you would want. I get kv confused but in turns the lower turns the lower torque and faster speed and in the higher turns it is more torque and less speed. Might be the other way around. These things are confusing.
ohhhhhh. I didn't pay attention lol.

Back