Traxxas rustler 4x4 build pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What upgrades should I do next?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's it holding up?
Meh. Crashed it into a car and sheared both arms on the right side clean off. They were rpm too. Was going like 80mph. Broke the shock tower in the front so it’s been upgraded to rpm and I also broke both right side links so upgraded those to rpm as well.

Meh. Crashed it into a car and sheared both arms on the right side clean off. They were rpm too. Was going like 80mph. Broke the shock tower in the front so it’s been upgraded to rpm and I also broke both right side links so upgraded those to rpm as well.
The rc hobby gets real expensive if you have to start repairing peoples 1/1 cars. Be careful out there.

The rc hobby gets real expensive if you have to start repairing peoples 1/1 cars. Be careful out there.
And thats why my mom says to be a mechanic when I'm older
I get to fix her car for free. Not fair. I should fix my car for free.

My uncle wrenches on his civic and truck all the time. Mostly during the summer tho. As we too poor for a garage.
He used to share a garage with his buddies but they had to leave.

1:1 new set of wheels: 400 a piece? or more?
1:1 new tires for all 4 wheels. 600ish bucks?
1:1 motor: 2k plus, plus labor, its not simple as a 40 dollar brushless motor on ebay.

And thats why my mom says to be a mechanic when I'm older
I get to fix her car for free. Not fair. I should fix my car for free.

My uncle wrenches on his civic and truck all the time. Mostly during the summer tho. As we too poor for a garage.
He used to share a garage with his buddies but they had to leave.

1:1 new set of wheels: 400 a piece? or more?
1:1 new tires for all 4 wheels. 600ish bucks?
1:1 motor: 2k plus, plus labor, its not simple as a 40 dollar brushless motor on ebay.
The 1:1 I have...... motor is 5k starting for dealer refurbished. Wheels are around 3-4xx roughly, but tires are like 3 to 400 each.

I need all of the above. 🤪🤪 well motor and tires. When I can afford, xd rims will be added.

My f450, the full size version is like 40k in 6 wheels. 🫠🙃

So you make a scale model if you f450 and that has a ton of money into it too
It's never dies. The addiction keeps going.

Update. Have it taken apart. Jenny’s shipment should be coming in later today. It’s taken apart because of the crash last night. I got new tires for it for Christmas. Got rpm front steering blocks and hubs, rpm camber links, rpm front shocktower, and a wheelie bar because the car came brushed and didn’t have one. Also have some rpm arms for it. 6s on it is crazy. Here are some pics. Also cleaning it to make it look brand new. Using dish soap and hot water and a toothbrush. Also trying to build an lcg slash 4x4 from spare parts. Here are the photos:

Rustler:
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here is the slash I’m trying to build:

image.jpg

Here is the body for the slash:

image.jpg

Here is my favorite part of the body lol:

image.jpg

That’s all I have for now. Will update when the rusty is back together lol

Back