Getting back to running Losi LST(2)?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I use 4 zipties on them, one on each end of the bulb and one on each fuel line. I have had them on all my nitros for many years without issue. Well, once there was fuel in one when I put it on the shelf for months, then it turned into gel and I had to take it apart and rinse it out. Other than that, no issues. Just easy priming without blowing into pressure lines or turning a cold engine over needlessly.

They are very soft though, so you have to be mindful where you put it so it doesn't get poked/punctured/tore by something.

OFNA had one that was a filter and primer. Those tended to leak from what I read. never had one.
ok good info, iirc it could have been primer bulbs in general and people were having issues so they got a bad rap for just being that part type.
rerouted the fuel line last night as close to what you have as i could.
so much happier that the line/filter isnt right up against that engine. might have been a non-issue, but for that "may be an issue" part I'm glad it is out of the equation.
thanks for all the tips and tricks btw!
wanting to wait for this spring when it warms up before running this truck, dont know why but I'm a bit more skeptical (i guess is the word) on running this one in the colder months, i know its not any more fragile than the MGT's but have a harder time talking myself into bringing this one out in the colder/nastier weather.

well, learned something new today about the LST, the indent in the bottom of the fuel tank above the rear servo mount is for the 4x AA battery holder, that most RTRs come with stock. its really strange because from what i can tell from pics, it still came with the flat pack mount plate on the bottom of the chassis.
anyways thought was interesting.
so strange getting into a certain truck while not having really info going into it and realizing all the tid bit features.
i remember reading about it in magazines (actually i think it was the aftershock that was in the magazine i had, dang near wore those pages out). then i saw it on ebay for too good to be true price and bought it. never really had the chance to look into the truck at all till i got back into rc just a few months back.

Well finally was able to take the truck out!
Have to say... oh my God is this thing fast! Wasn't able to get the tuning dialed in though, lsn is still pretty rich so it has a high hanging idle, not enough for it to try spinning the tires but just about, then after a few seconds it drops back down to where i want it. Was helping a friend tune his at the same time, and it started getting dark.
Kind of hard to run it down the street because it's pretty narrow and once it shifts to second tries pulling a wheel up if I'm not carefull.
also forget how aggressive the brakes are, going to have to get used to that, my MGT has good solid brakes, but i accidentally did a perfect front flip the first time trying to stop!

Well finally was able to take the truck out!
Have to say... oh my God is this thing fast! Wasn't able to get the tuning dialed in though, lsn is still pretty rich so it has a high hanging idle, not enough for it to try spinning the tires but just about, then after a few seconds it drops back down to where i want it. Was helping a friend tune his at the same time, and it started getting dark.
Kind of hard to run it down the street because it's pretty narrow and once it shifts to second tries pulling a wheel up if I'm not carefull.
also forget how aggressive the brakes are, going to have to get used to that, my MGT has good solid brakes, but i accidentally did a perfect front flip the first time trying to stop!

A front flip ,ouch!

A front flip ,ouch!
It was actually pretty awesome lol. Went to pull it up to tune and slammed the brakes (hindsight 20/20 should not have done that) body off and all, popped the rear end up and bumper preloaded the bounce, perfect frontfip and landed on the tires. Didn't even touch the rear bumper. Dont plan on doing it again or attempting to, but was quite a spectacular sight, if my friend wasn't there to see it as well dont think I would have believed it!

It was actually pretty awesome lol. Went to pull it up to tune and slammed the brakes (hindsight 20/20 should not have done that) body off and all, popped the rear end up and bumper preloaded the bounce, perfect frontfip and landed on the tires. Didn't even touch the rear bumper. Dont plan on doing it again or attempting to, but was quite a spectacular sight, if my friend wasn't there to see it as well dont think I would have believed it!

I just can't stomach scratching my new head!......LOL

The aftershock brakes were horrible. Steel pads and steel disk. The center of the disks would wear, then they would bind at an angle, then chatter/bind the brakes.

Can't recall what I did to remedy it... think I went with a fiber disk or fiber pads. Think I ended up with a single thick CF disk. Wasn't nearly as aggressive when braking and didn't bind randomly like the stock ones did.

I just can't stomach scratching my new head!......LOL
Yeah, definitely watching my braking on this thing, was a panic moment as soon as I saw what it started doing, but I was to late by that time.
I'd probably have fainted if it was my .21 on my mgt I just got done rebuilding. Definitely going to look into some type of roll bar for it.
There is a piston sleeve at my lhs in might scoop up just for the future, every time i go there it tempts me but I know I dont need it yet.

Last edited:
The aftershock brakes were horrible. Steel pads and steel disk. The center of the disks would wear, then they would bind at an angle, then chatter/bind the brakes.

Can't recall what I did to remedy it... think I went with a fiber disk or fiber pads. Think I ended up with a single thick CF disk. Wasn't nearly as aggressive when braking and didn't bind randomly like the stock ones did.
Will have to watch the brakes closely then.
These are a double steel disc/pad combo. Will have to look into what else I can make fit on here.

Will have to watch the brakes closely then.
These are a double steel disc/pad combo. Will have to look into what else I can make fit on here.
looks as though the Losi 8ight T brake discs work for this, might have to snag one.

Yeah, I think I used full force rc's carbon fiber disk, which doesn't exist anymore.

I made my own roll bar for mine... was totally hack, but protected the engine and helped keep the body from crumpling on roof landings. I think it was 5/16" steel rod... and a lot of bends. lol!

2007-0411-AftershockRollBar008.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBar010.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBar012.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBarMountsFront01.jpg

2007-0411-AftershockRollBarMountsRear02.jpg

Was one long piece of rod. A real pain getting all the bends right... with a bench vice and propane torch.

How it looked when I sold it 4 years later:
2011-0305-ASRollerExhaustSide.jpg

that looks really clean!
its weird how thick the body is on mine, think it was the TLR "Racer" body. really low profile though. gonna have to see what kind of clearances i can work with.

that looks really clean!
its weird how thick the body is on mine, think it was the TLR "Racer" body. really low profile though. gonna have to see what kind of clearances i can work with.
I have one of those LST2 bodies in the closet I never used. I ran CEN Genesis or MGT bodies usually, but won the LST2 body cheap off ebay many years ago and never used it.

MGT body I think:
2008-0920-MGTBodyRightSide.jpg

Had plenty of clearance for the LRP28 I ran in it most of it's life. Before I switched to 17mm hubs:
2008-0920-ExhaustSide.jpg

have to say its kind of funny to me that you haven't owned an MGT but run their bodies! it does fit the LST quite well though.

I went through a couple MGT bodies on the aftershock, the genesis body and I think even a tamiya TNX body. 4 years... 4 bodies... seems about right. The aftershock body was very thin. The TNX one was thicker. The MGT one held up quite a while. I just got whatever was cheap and fit. There were 3-4 trucks in 2007-2011 that all ran larger than normal bodies. Mammoth was another, but I don't think I had one of those bodies on it, although, I did have a mammoth st for a while.

I went through a couple MGT bodies on the aftershock, the genesis body and I think even a tamiya TNX body. 4 years... 4 bodies... seems about right. The aftershock body was very thin. The TNX one was thicker. The MGT one held up quite a while. I just got whatever was cheap and fit. There were 3-4 trucks in 2007-2011 that all ran larger than normal bodies. Mammoth was another, but I don't think I had one of those bodies on it, although, I did have a mammoth st for a while.
i remember back before i got my C10 Longbed body for the MGT i had a list of the bodies that would fit either the LST or MGT, think it was a whopping 7 or 8 of them. not including stock bodies. seems very few are still available today though even off ebay. all have been superseded and changed to current vehicle sizes.

The CEN Reeper/genesis should still be around. It still exists.

I think this was the TNX body:
2007-0707-AftershockNewBodySpurSide.jpg

Found a photo of the genesis body next to the LST2 body I have, the orange one in the middle on the left:
2009-0510-BodiesWarheadGenisisMgtLST2.jpg

Can't recall what body that is on the savage in the upper right, but that's a 1" HB chassis extended savage I had at the time next to my aftershock. I have the image labeled as "warhead-genisis-mgt-lst2", apparently I couldn't spell very well in 2009. lol!

The LST2/MGT body next to a revo 2.5 body and some other random body I had, really shows the size of those bodies!
2008-0112-BodiesSideBySide.jpg

Anyway, if your hunting for a body, look for the genesis too. The current LST XL bodies are probably too long.

duratrax warhead evo body on that savage, was duratrax's response to the Savage, dont know why it didn't take off though. seemed besides the Evader, duratrax just couldn't get their rc's promoted enough.
that body looks like it would be too thin though.
did find a dodge body that i believe is going to fit. (pretty hardcore dodge Ram fan) there was a dodge mega cab body back in the day but was limited even at that time years ago and impossible to find nowadays. same thing with the chevy body on my MGT.
i know a few of the bodies say that they fit the Revo 3.3 and the MGT, so I'm curious the dimensions of the revo 3.3 bodies. again though width is huge on the LSTs which makes it just that much more difficult. might have to build another vacuum forming box for lexan and try that again.

Back