Gasser or Lectric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
again take this with a grain of salt because i might be totally wrong it seems like electrics are more fun in the air than a nitro would be because of the more responsive feeling from instant torque so things like balooning the tires to make them move better in the air would be easier and tricks could be done higher up so you don't have cut it close by squeezing as much power of it and braking right before you hit the ground or landing with the power on but i would think that a nitro would be easier to land right because its harder to over compensate unlike electric

I will probably be the odd man out, and say you certainly can have too many RC's. I used to be in the more is better camp. But when you don't have enough storage space you start re-evaluating what you actually enjoy running. If everyone is honest with themselves they have a few favorites they run 90% of the time. Some end up being shelf queens etc. These days I'm pickier about what I buy, I don't need to keep up with the folks that run out and buy the latest greatest stuff just because it's the hottest new thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing them and love seeing vids of people enjoying them, but I don't actually have to have one, unless I think It's something I really want, that will stay with me for a while. I would rather be really good at driving a few, than just ok, driving a bunch, they all have their own feel and personality. That being said, I have about 10 or so on my wish list. 🤣 Realistically, I may end up with one or two out of the ten on my list in the future.

Like I said before, I don't know a lot about Nitro stuff so I really can't compare. One big plus with Electric, is you can run it without getting noise complaints. If you've got someplace to run Nitro where it doesn't cause problems that's a big plus. Around here it's hard to get away from the Karen's. 🙄

I will probably be the odd man out, and say you certainly can have too many RC's. I used to be in the more is better camp. But when you don't have enough storage space you start re-evaluating what you actually enjoy running. If everyone is honest with themselves they have a few favorites they run 90% of the time. Some end up being shelf queens etc. These days I'm pickier about what I buy, I don't need to keep up with the folks that run out and buy the latest greatest stuff just because it's the hottest new thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing them and love seeing vids of people enjoying them, but I don't actually have to have one, unless I think It's something I really want, that will stay with me for a while. I would rather be really good at driving a few, than just ok, driving a bunch, they all have their own feel and personality. That being said, I have about 10 or so on my wish list. 🤣 Realistically, I may end up with one or two out of the ten on my list in the future.

Like I said before, I don't know a lot about Nitro stuff so I really can't compare. One big plus with Electric, is you can run it without getting noise complaints. If you've got someplace to run Nitro where it doesn't cause problems that's a big plus. Around here it's hard to get away from the Karen's. 🙄

I learned that after soon realizing that I have 3 of the same trucks & 3 of the same cars & 2 of the same truggies!.. 🤔 ...:hehe::hehe::hehe:

So there is no dead on conclusion !To me it might seem to be more Nitro but is it?.You can't go wrong either way"dont really see a person doing 3 of each"..Just have fun be safe learn the correct way to do things . ohms law is 1 along with soldering. And nitro tuning

So there is no dead on conclusion !To me it might seem to be more Nitro but is it?.You can't go wrong either way"dont really see a person doing 3 of each"..Just have fun be safe learn the correct way to do things . ohms law is 1 along with soldering. And nitro tuning
I had electric ,I wasn't thrilled ,I just recently sold it to fund another nitro truggy!...:cool:

100% agree with all of you above

dewaltdrill electric is more responsive in the air as for tricks and stunt driven. Nitro definitely doesn't have that quick tourqe response.

Doom: I have 8 it does come down to common sense can't have it all Bluntly put !! You might as well just live in a hobby store if you have to have them all or the hot new thing that everyone wants just because everyone else has it. Take the time to really look for what you want/afford. And you skill level. And not just run out and buy Rc. Because you saw a video that says its cool or some dude jumping it 30'. Alot of people get in way over their heads then it sit there after it breaks because they don't know what/how to fix it. Because you will drive more if you find that one you really like and enjoy. Then a very expensive paper weight or garage ornament. LOL

TNT: definitely take the time to learn about your RC hobby. That want to get into. It's not all about driven a RC truck/car or plane boat whatever. There is always care and mantainace of a RC. Lipo care , Nitro care , fixes/repairs , electrical care/ soldering , and of course the best thing upgrades. Or you will be putting out alot more $$$$ for every little thing that will stop you from the enjoyment of the RC hobby

CBaker65: I got ) tmaxx 2.5 3.3 nitro
2) redcats volcano and tornado both Nitro
Grasshopper and kyosho pro x
Mini revo
And the X8s because I didn't want the same maxx as the Ts just in electric form LOL and it's a beast LOL

Overall I've noticed that in the long run electrics are just cheaper to own buy and maintain in the long run. With a nitro you have to buy fuel at 20 to 25 a gallon and that lasts a month if your always running. Electrics cost more because of the lipos and chargers but compared to the cost of the fuel you'll see the batteries end up being cheaper as you get to use them over and over. Not to mention the maintenance of a nitro after a run. You have to empty the tank if you haven't run it dry before you were done. Then you have to clear the fuel from the motor and put after run oil in the piston. Plus constantly getting glow plugs and batteries for recievers and glow igniter. Just a lot more involved in nitro

I'm not sure if nitro is dieing or dead. As too people in general are all about the easiest way. Or quick satisfaction. Dont want to take time to learn how to tune a nitro. As too just plug a battery in and go. Seems older RC guys like nitro more then then new hobbiest. As for convenience and what they see on the net. There will always be gear heads that want the smell and sound of nitro

It really comes down to your personal preference and what you want to get out of getting into the RC hobby.Either side of the fence. Electric or nitro or these day gas.

The RC hobby as a whole is extremely expensive. Unless you are just satisfied with that one RTR you get and it ever leave a freshly paved parting lot. And only stay with the stock truck and stock battles then maybe it's inexpensive. But for us RC nuts that have been in hobby since are parents got us that first tamiya back in the 70s- 80s. And always tired to go bigger and faster like me. And never slowed down as to building and wanting more power. Or saw a different RC you wanted well then.. it's very expensive to say the least. YOU ARE HOOKED JUST LIKE ME LOL 😆😂😜🤣😉

I have 5 ground vehicles and 5 aircraft, I always want more! 🤣 I used to have about 15 aircraft but something had to give.
Wow 15 that impressive sir 👏

Wow 15 that impressive sir 👏
Actually it got to be quite a pain in the butt. 🤣 but there was a time when I felt like I needed one of everything. :doh: Now I'm back to having less, and enjoying them more. Trying real hard not to fall back into old habits. 👍

Actually it got to be quite a pain in the butt. 🤣 but there was a time when I felt like I needed one of everything. :doh: Now I'm back to having less, and enjoying them more. Trying real hard not to fall back into old habits. 👍
Old habits die hard man . Once hooked hard to not to be. I'm sure it was a pain to keep up with all of them.

The hardest part was deciding which to fly every weekend, and then shuffling them around to get to them.

The hardest part was deciding which to fly every weekend, and then shuffling them around to get to them.
That is the ? at hand every weekend which one do I want to play with. A very hard decision to make. 😫😩

You can get more power out of electric in a smaller package. To get a combustion engine to go faster, you have to go to larger motors, equaling more weight, that at a certain point cancels out the practicality. Electric can pack more punch into a smaller package and lighter weight. There are a ton of technical details that are over my head, but I read some good posts in the past by folks way smarter than me.
batteries are heavier than engines.....just say'n

Back