fun crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
will be my first crawler. want it to be waterproof for mudding. are crawlers the best mudders? i pretty much just want an all terain truck (not traxxas summit)

For an all terrain truck/mudder, you dont want a crawler, you want a Scaler, like any of the SXC10 based Axial scalers.

Its been a great truck for me so far but not waterproof. There are steps you can take to help it be closer to waterproof or you could upgrade all the electronics. Depending on how much mud and water you want to expose it too will matter as well. Sounds like you want a submarine with mud wheels. I do too!!

Axial SCX10 for sure. Buy WP electronics and some 1.9 or 2.2 mudders and your set.

+1. R4WD.com makes a new 2-speed manual transmission to help get the wheel speed up as well.

can you jump the scx10 i would want the honcho version

What do you mean by jump? Just jump a couple of feet with not much air would be ok. I would go with a wraith IMO.

SCX-10 with 2.2 mud tires and waterproof electronics on 2s lipo.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0117-1.jpg

How to clean it:
IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138-2.jpg

IMG_0139-1.jpg

I also mud/scale my tamiya:
IMG_0171.jpg

+1. R4WD.com makes a new 2-speed manual transmission to help get the wheel speed up as well.

I agree, RC4WD makes BOMB PROOF stuff, but a geared Axial tranny with 2s lipo would be more than enough muck up power.
---

As far as jumping as stated above, these are NOT like SCTs or buggies or MTs or ANY other kind of RC. Baby jumps or maybe a foot or 2, but WOT jumps on 3s kind of style is just asking for a busted truck. These are trail trucks