Sold / Found FT: Computer for buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanth

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is now listed on Ebay, please disregard.

Attachments

• resized computer pic.JPG
    resized computer pic.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I forgot to list the HP printer in there awell .

I will also take $400 shipped (not including monitor if you want it) i suppose, then ill head over and buy my buggy :)

If you Can get a local PC Mart to Verify that the PC Is In Working Order i'll purchase it for you Or i will get you the 8th scale Buggy for you

you can Contact me at .

[email protected]

.......Ben A.

Well, we live in a small town with only 1 computer store, they want an hours labor to do a system check (yeah they are a rip lol) which is $50.

I dont have the extra cash for that but i did reassemble the system this morning and here are some pics....

Dont know what else to say, ill keep this up for a day then sell on ebay i guess.

Thanks for looking.

PS. yes, my desk is a mess :) please excuse.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 109
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 114
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 109
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 111
I can vouch for Xanth me and him had some great deals!

ok i dont know a whole lot about computers but i do know that i just bought a dell for 600 and was wondering how this one would compare?and whats so good about it i bought a 2400 with p-4 2.6 upgraded to 500 something ram 40 gig i think I'm just wondering kinda in the market for another computer to do invoicing thanks

Well, yes you can buy a dell with similar speed for $550-$750.. you also get a integrated budget mainboard made specificly for Dell. Corners are cut, you lose ALOT of features and flexability. The bios has fewer adjustments for fine tuning your system etc.

You got either onboard video (built into motherboard) which shares your systems ram, or you got a very low end graphics card.
Onboard video using todays technology is just plain pathetic at best.
More and more modern programs/games are just not worth using without a "real" video card.

Both your video card and sound card are using system memory and taxing the CPU which in turn slows down everything the computer does.

My wife has a Dell, she can't play UT 2004, SWG, EQ unless she turns all the settings down to where the game is ugly and it still runs like crap.

If your using windows XP/2000 the system is wanting to use about 256 MB of ram just for windows, after the built in video card sneaks away another 64/128 MB of your system ram any applications your running are left with almost nothing with only 512 mb of ram.
Alot of todays games just dont run right with less then a gig of ram, sure you can get by with less but once you have tried it with more you realize what you were missing.

Basicly with your $600 Dell you have a good computer for office type work as long as it is not used for graphics or memory intensive applications.

To get it to where it would equal a computer such as this you would need to spend several hundred dollars or more as follows....

Video card $140 minimum, yes you can get one for less but.... even the $140 one wouldnt come close to being equal to the radeon 9500 that can be soft modded.

Another 512 MB of quality ram $100 minimum. Lets not forget that Dell uses the cheapest ram they can get away with so if you want the speed you would get with good ram you would need to toss the ram it came with.
So basicly $200 for 1 gig of ram if you find a good sale.
My OCZ stick orignally cost $135 and the mushkin cost $120.

Now compare Hard drives...I'm betting your Dell came with a Maxtor which is the cheapo brand in the computer world. Not to mention it is 20 GB smaller.
A 60 GB hard drive costs around $70 + i believe.

So to sum it up you would basicly have to spend $300-400 just to EQUAL my 1 year old computer in anything that was graphics/memory intensive.

Dont get me wrong, Dell does make good computers too but they dont cost $600, they cost $1100 ish or more.
The $600 computers are there to woo people who dont know any better into buying their computer. They see the 2.6 ghz CPU and think they are getting a similar speed computer as one that costs much more.
Well its the same in the computer world as it is in the RC world....you buy a cheap one and its in need of upgrades as soon as you open the box.

Remember the CPU is only a one part of a computers speed, many factors determine a computers total speed.

Thanks for listening. sorry for the bad english but we had a BBQ and I'm drunk lol.

English looks good to me, but then again I had a beer as well :cheers:

ok I'm Interested in the PC ....

sounds like one hell of deal to me but it would cost alot to ship to hawaii?being shipping is included

Appears that the shipping would be double to Hawaii, i would be willing to work with you on that. maybe an extra $30...

Ok $375 shipped within the continental USA :)

Last chance on a good quality computer system for such a low price...

$350 shipped within the continental US.

Will be parting this out and selling on ebay tonight if there are no takers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.