Sold / Found FS: Kyosho Inferno MP777 + Futaba 3pk > PRICE SLASH!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell did Zandor do wrong? Pay and wait for it??????

This is a VALUABLE lesson on both parts. It was not anyones personal fault, but there is ACCOUNTABILITY. It is up to the SELLER to make sure the product get to the other party. Thats why on ebay they always say they are not responsibile for lost or stolen packages and its up to the buyer to pat insurance. If they did not do this it would be up to them to make sure the item got to the other party.

Ryan with savage said:
This thread needs to be closed right now. Theres wrongs and rights on BOTH sides of this trade and we can all learn from it. Lets close this out and move on.

Wrongs on my part?
Please enlighten me here!

You bought it :D

If you wouldn't have bought it then it wouldn't have happened! ;)

Glad you got your radio Zandor, it's a shame things went wrong here. The main reason why I didn't go for this radio is because I found one locally. I get a little nervous when dealing with folks overseas. I remember when I sold ryan with savage an engine for $85 I paid $30 to make sure it was shipped with insurance and tracking. It got to him in 5 days. I guess not everybody treats their sales with the same seriousness but regardless I am glad you got your stuff. Definitely lessons to learn here for bsod regarding sales transactions.

Am I missing something here?
The radio was purchased around 8-11 and shipped around 10-11?

What about all his posts between that time that say it was sent?
Again, Did I miss something?

I think you missed something....He supposedly sent it at first, then Zandor started pressuring him to fork over some proof that it was sent. He then turned around and said his mother sent it, after another week of BS Zandor started back. It turns out the package never sent because the didn't charge enough for shipping. After that things went pretty quickly i guess.

yes you did ed.. it set in the damn post office for a good while because the dumbass that charged them to ship it charged the wrong amount.. so instead of contacting him, it set in a pile in the corner

Zandor, yes I'll qualify what I mean.

IMO, what you did did wrong (as in a mistake not something sinister on your part) was not insist on a tracking facility from the outset. Yes you agreed a deal but I think for the sake of a small amount of cash (relative to the overall value of the goods anyway) a tracking number is a must or no deal is done.

IMO If anyone is happy to do a deal without any sort of tracking of goods they are opening themselves up to the possiblity of being ripped off. I never send or receive goods without them having to be signed for at both ends as this protects both parties, I will only not have tracking when I can afford to lose what I paid for something. I wasn't judging your honesty as a trader BTW. Hope this clears up what I mean.

SD

It was actually $115 I paid you for the WASP, I didn't screw you that badly for it.

psunitro said:
What the hell did Zandor do wrong? Pay and wait for it??????

This is a VALUABLE lesson on both parts. It was not anyones personal fault, but there is ACCOUNTABILITY. It is up to the SELLER to make sure the product get to the other party. Thats why on ebay they always say they are not responsibile for lost or stolen packages and its up to the buyer to pat insurance. If they did not do this it would be up to them to make sure the item got to the other party.

The BUYER also ensures the shipping method is acceptable and normally pays for the method they are happy with. Perhaps my terminology wasn't great, I think It was a mistake not to ask/pay for some sort of tracking. I didn't mean I think Z had done anything wrong as such more of a mistake, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:
I do understand what you mean Ryan,BUT it is the SELLERS responsibilty to make sure it gets there.....wether 1st class or low class mail!!!!( maybe all mail is low class)

Hey Ryan sorry net of sale was $85 on it with $30 going towards to shipping. Yeah you didn't screw me too badly on the deal. :) Although you didn't specify what type of shipping, I decided to pay more for shipping to ensure it got to you safely and quickly.

I guess my point is that the for sale forum is not like ebay, this Community we sell and buy from shouldn't be out to make a quick buck. Selling a radio for $300 and shipping it the slowest and cheapest way without insurance or tracking is just plain irresponsible.

Cool, I guess I missed the part about setting in the PO for lack of proper postage.

When shipping, the burden of proof is on the person shipping the item to make sure it is properly insured and tracked. If the buyer doesn't want to pay for this and agrees to wave any additional fees then its on their hands.

This is something that should be disclosed during the negotiation. If the shipper takes it upon them self not to take measures to guarantee / insure delivery, its their error and will need to refund the buyer. Unless otherwise agreed, the burden of proof is always on the shipping party.

Lets use this as a lesson on how not to ship packages.

We have rules in this forum and one of the more important rules was not followed.

RULE #3:
You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession.

This is a perfect example of why we have this rule.

All the problems aside.....it's done and I think mike may have fiddlesticked up early on, however rather than just skip out he did make it right....maybe not as quickly or nicely as Zandor (or anyone else in his position, understrandably) he did fix it.....and I think that does show good charachter to some degree on mIkes part.......It was a bad situation that could have been SOOOOOOO much worse than it was.....Zandor Glad you got the goods man.....have you tried it out yet????? I got one off the forum a while back too and I can't imagine using anything else now...what a difference...

I think everything that needs to be said has been said.......
Item sold and delivered.

Thread Locked.

I have always shipped with some sort of tracking or delivery confimation so I know that it got to where it was going.
I keep the receipts as proof of shipment incase something goes wrong.

I sent an item to Canada. The buyer agreed to pay for shipping.
When I got to UPS, shipping and insurance was more than estimated. A lot more.
You know what I did? I payed the extra money.
Unfortunatly he had to pay some sort of tax on his end, but I did my part.
Thats what should have been done here.
This could have been avoided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.