From SH .21 to .28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwe33

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a HSP Boomwheel 1/8 Nitro Monster Truck. It originally had a .21 SH Nitro engine and I now have a SH .28 engine to install. The problem is the blue part of the engine mount, the bit that screws to the base obstructs the engine from sitting flat and flush on the base. Any one got any mods to fix this problem. Please find link to my nitro truck:

http://www.rchighperformancehobbies...cale-2.4ghz-rtr-.21-nitro-engin/94083-25083-4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't see the engine mount clearly on the website but my gues is that the pullstarter backplate on the .28 is bigger then the one on the .21.
Maybe u can grind a bit of off the mount to make it fit.
Or you can place some aluminum plates in between the engine lips and the mount..

I can't see the engine mount clearly on the website but my gues is that the pullstarter backplate on the .28 is bigger then the one on the .21.
Maybe u can grind a bit of off the mount to make it fit.
Or you can place some aluminum plates in between the engine lips and the mount..
Thank you for that. I think I am going to grind the blue aluminum part of the engine mount.
20160315_210934.jpg
20160315_211218.jpg
20160315_211218.jpg
20160315_211042.jpg

It all depends on the space you have, looking at the pictures i think 4mm thick metal or aluminum plates will give a better result.
It looks like the bolts that hold the blue plates will still be in the way.

I emailed the company I ordered it from, in Australia, and apparently there is and adapter for it.:

http://www.rchighperformancehobbies...e-mounts-to-suit-upgrade-from-21c/SH.28-Mount

So I ordered this and lets see how I get on. Thanks for your help.

It all depends on the space you have, looking at the pictures i think 4mm thick metal or aluminum plates will give a better result.
I emailed the company I ordered it from, in Australia, and apparently there is and adapter for it.:

http://www.rchighperformancehobbies...e-mounts-to-suit-upgrade-from-21c/SH.28-Mount

So I ordered this and lets see how I get on. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hahaha that is also a way to do the same thing.
Hope there isn't a lot of shipping on top of the $3,08.

SH.28 Mount Engine Mounts to Suit Upgrade From 21cxp to 28cxp SH : $ 2.80
Shipping: $22.91

Total Price : $25.71

That's a lot of shipping.
It will solve the problem.

Yeah, I would have just ground some of the fins off. Raising the engine up in the air on posts won't be nearly as stable/strong of a setup. It will also raise the cb against the spur, so in some cases, it would eat up a lot of the adjustment for different gearing.

I'd of ground it down, saved some money...
At least you've got it fixed :)

I'd of ground it down, saved some money...
At least you've got it fixed :)
Hi Buddy, the adapters finally came and I have installed them. I should have made a video and posted it of how I did it. But I was so excited to install them I did not have time. However, here is a video of me attempting to break in the new .28 Big Block engine. It was so powerful it made the tyres balloon and one exploded. Please ignore the first part of the video showing my HPI Savage X 4.6 breaking in.:

Hi Buddy, the adapters finally came and I have installed them. I should have made a video and posted it of how I did it. But I was so excited to install them I did not have time. However, here is a video of me attempting to break in the new .28 Big Block engine. It was so powerful it made the tyres balloon and one exploded. Please ignore the first part of the video showing my HPI Savage X 4.6 breaking in.:

We love carnage pics!

Here is the final result. The engine mount upgrade for the SH .28 they sent is a perfect fit. And I am already breaking the engine in.:

20160330_114014.jpg

Back