Forgot how much fun Nitro's were!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RudiRulez

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've just finished rebuilding the poop heap MT2 that i bought the other week, and holy crap is it fun, its been 3 years since i last drove an r/c but all my knowledge soon came rushing back too me.

Too bad after just 3/4 of a tank i managed to rip a tyre off the rim, i will be fixing it tonight and will hopefully be able to sneek into my local quarry on bank holiday monday coming up then i can have some real fun.

Defo next on my list will be the Baja 5B SS Kit, mostly for the fun of building it.

MT2 POWAAAAHHHHH! :)

image-1.gif

Same here. Just got back into it after a nearly three year break. Luckily I didn't sell anything and just had it all stashed in the garage. I've got six R/C's now and hope to add a crawler and a short course truck to my fleet by the end of the year.

I know SC is the rage now, but stadium trucks can still be a lot of fun. Not as big, heavy, or loud as a Savage or other Monster truck, but still good at jumps and dirt fun. I have an MT2 myself and it was one of the first ones I dusted off and ran a tank through last month when I got back on this site.

The MT2 is a fun little rig. It really needs some good steering knuckles, as the plastic stuff tends to get the screws ripped out of it when bashing, but otherwise the rest of the truck is fairly stout and parts are cheap.

I plan to upgrade the knuckles, steering linkage, steering servo, and a few other goodies and throw a new body on mine and keep it around for nitro fun in the dirt. My Savage is still in hibernation, but I am on vacation next week and plan to get it all tuned up and back on the road.

Have a fun with it!

Mark

Yeh I'm not one for Monster Trucks (they sit way too high for my liking), but gimme a stadium truck or truggy and I'm a happy man.

Hmm what your saying about the steering knuckles would explain why mine had wood screws holding them on....not good, I've sorted it all now but ill certainly be keeping a close eye on them.

Man I don't know how many screws I've pulled out of them over the years! I just keep a bunch in my kit box. Hell, just the other night I was ripping across the street and up into my neighbor's grass several times when on one run I was about four feet over to the right (it was dusk) and I went into the street drain area where the grass is thick (like a dirt wall!) and all I heard was "SMACK!" and the LF wheel was off to the side. Sure enough, pulled another screw out and spit a dog bone... :yes:

I have the aluminum knuckles on my RS4 Evo (same parts) and I'm tempted to swap them to the MT2, but I think I'm going to just buy another set. They're less than $20 bucks!

Like I said, enjoy it!

Mark

i will enjoy it mate, I'm gonna thrash the hell outta it seeing as I'm only gonna keep it for maybe 2 months before i get my Baja, ill probly sell the MT2, depending on its condition once I've finished with it.

The Baja 5b is a lot of fun. The Fuel is cheap and they run for a looong time on a tank of fuel.

Thats partly why i want one, plus i love little 2-stroke petrol engines I'm and expert with them too well not officaily but I've modded and rebuilt soo many that its practicly 2nd nature now.

Back