Wondering what I can get for my Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupooterluvr

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Dunno if this is in the right place and if not, please move it :)

Anyways, I was wondering what I could get out of my Maxx if I were to sell it here. I'm not gonna sell it yet, but once I buy my Baja 5B I'm not gonna need it anymore. :D

So, here's what I've done with it so far:

• Changed out the 3.3 for a Picco .26 Maxx
  • Traxxas aluminum center drives
  • Proline Bowties all around and still have the old Talons with a reasonable amount of tread left
  • Hobbico c70 steering (equivalent of Hitec 645mg)
  • Traxxas 80mg on throttle duty
  • Throttle return spring (a must, IMO)
  • No radio included since I'm keeping it for my Baja
  • Will include the charger that came with the truck
  • Pull starter on the engine - I hated the sleazy start the moment I first used it.
  • Dual fuel filters
  • Integy 3-shoe aluminum clutch (awesome grip with that)
  • Some extra parts: 3' fuel line, spare MC-59 plug, 2 upper and 2 lower arms, shock oil 40w, and I'll probably include a 4600 mah and a 1300 mah glow ignitor since I won't be needing it... lol
  • Forgot to mention, I'm including the 3.3 with about 3/4 gallon through it. I replaced it with the .26 only a month after I got it. It's real finicky to tune though so good luck.

I pulled the diffs out and they're nice and clean and there's minimal wear to the gears. I will also clean everything up before selling it. Tranny gears are nice too. The engine has about 2 gallons through it and runs really strong, throws the truck around like nothing to it. The front and rear skidplates are broken where they stick out from the truck but I'm gonna get new ones before I even think of selling it. It also comes with 2 bodies, though they're kind torn up.

I haven't always used ARO in the engine but almost always made sure the piston was bdc. It runs strong without a hitch at around 230F but it really doesn't seem to like cold weather, dunno why. It doesn't run bad just is finicky to tune. Really easy to work with in summer weather though.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm not savvy with current used RC market pricing. Just wanted to check with you guys before I make myself look stupid with high prices or get ripped with low ones.

Thank you all very much,

Zach

PS: I'll try to get plenty of pics tomorrow and I have some Youtube vids if you want them.

Last edited:
You could get a pretty good headache out of it..........

about half what you have invested if your lucky these days. sorry?

You could get a pretty good headache out of it..........

Do you really need to crap on every thread? :ahem:

about half what you have invested if your lucky these days. sorry?

I have to agree with joneser, you will actually be very lucky to get half of what you put in it. The minute people hear T-Maxx they give stupid answers like Alpines. With some work they are not bad trucks at all, there's just so many newer platforms out there, and unfortunitely the re-sale value is quite low on the maxxes. With everything you have done you may just want to keep it, your not going to recoup what you spent.

I have to agree with joneser, you will actually be very lucky to get half of what you put in it. The minute people hear T-Maxx they give stupid answers like Alpines. With some work they are not bad trucks at all, there's just so many newer platforms out there, and unfortunitely the re-sale value is quite low on the maxxes. With everything you have done you may just want to keep it, your not going to recoup what you spent.

Eh, well it was worth a shot. Thanks.

If you really need the money you would be better off actually taking it apart, cleaning everything up nice and parting it out. You will get much more that way than trying to sell a complete T-Maxx. The one I got for my son was about 85% complete and I got it for $25 shipped, it cost the guy about $15 to ship it, so he got $10 for it.

I agree with NCN. If you can get 50% that would be great. Expect 40% or less if you want to sell fast. IMO you havn't done too much to it to completely rule out selling it. Of course with any car (r/c or not) you will take a hit but I don't think you've done so many upgrades that it would be considered a givaway. Now if you get to the point with upgrades where there is virtually nothing stock left then no, never sell any car at that point because it's just too much of a loss, especially a Tmaxx because like NC said.. people shy away because it's a dated design.

Back