Force RC Muckraker

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sabertooth > Muckracker. It isn't even a close comparison.

Why do you think so?

Seems like some YouTubers had lots of durability problems with the Sabertooth on 6s and putting bigger tires on it. Meanwhile others have been running Muckraker on 6s with no problems.

Sabertooth diffs wear easy, and are hard to find spares...

Mudraker has a weak front end.

Pick your poison.

Has anyone heard anything official from Horizon as far as the future of the Force RC brand? They seem to be heading in the right direction and it would be a shame if they pull the plug.

Brian

Sabertooth diffs wear easy, and are hard to find spares...

Mudraker has a weak front end.

Pick your poison.

Seems like people have figured out fixes to the soft upper a-arms. Doesn't seem like they have much of an effect on steering if one tightens down the steering servo column ring and gets a better servo.

In my mind, the Muckraker has better diffs (spiral cut), better driveline, better electronics (6s capable motor) except for servo, better tires, hex hardware instead of philips, and more readily available parts support. So not sure why Slick2500 is saying the Sabertooth is much better and it isn't even close...

Would love to know if I am missing something though.

Last edited:
When I was saying that the Sabertooth is better than the Muckracker I was basing it on the fact that the initial cost is lower, both are 6s capable, not sure where you read that the Sabertooth motor can't handle 6s but it should be able too, saw some mention on RC Groups that it should be but I have not found if anyone has actually tried, tires are a moot point on a rtr because you will most likely change out the tires anyway. The Muchracker has 1 parts supplier Horizon Hobbies, the Sabertooth has 2 Hobbyking and Value Hobbies, as parts for the Acme Dominator also work on the Sabertooth as they are pretty much the same vehicle but with different chassis layouts.

Remember looks can be deceiving.

The fixes I have seen for the Muckracker upper a-arms involve making your own parts on a CNC, and have you priced one of those out lately? Yeah I'm not spending a few thousand dollars on a cnc to make parts for $250 rc car. And I highly doubt @Jimbobjr has any plans to start making those custom parts to sell either.

The fixes for the Sabertooth involve using parts from other rc cars that are already made and readily available on the market.

The Sabertooth has been around for nearly 5 years and it doesn't look like Hobbyking has any plans on discontinuing it.
The Force RC brand of vehicles have all for the most part been discounted down to rock bottom prices compared to what they were even a few months ago and the future of this brand is uncertain at this point.

That is my reasoning behind saying that the Sabertooth is better but it is just my own personal opinion based on my own observations. And I didn't say that it was much better, just that it was a better choice again based on my own opinion and observations.

Last edited:
Got it, thanks for the info and input.

Product pages of the Sabertooth motor specifically recommend not running it on 6s. Not sure if other people have done so regardless with success or not.

Got it, thanks for the info and input.

Product pages of the Sabertooth motor specifically recommend not running it on 6s. Not sure if other people have done so regardless with success or not.
Idk I was skimming over the huge thread over on rc groups and saw a few people say that the motor can handle 6s, but I have not been able to find if anyone actually tried so I will edit my post. But with it being a 3674 can motor I am willing to bet that is a no. Idk why but I thought the Sabertooth had a purple motor and the more that I think about it I am pretty sure I am thinking of the motor out of the BSR Berserker.

But Vas from @Aussie RC Playground has a lot of videos and a review of the Sabertooth. Here is his review that he did last summer.

Last edited:
KillerOffRoadHobbyz had a lot of breakages when he ran it on 6s with monster truck wheels. Said it's best to run it stock (i.e. stock wheels and on 4s).

Since the Muckraker and Epidemic (much bigger tires) are the exact same platforms, I am tempted to say the Muckraker is quite a bit more durable. Haven't heard of people complaining about lots of breakages with Epi/Muck, even running on 6s.

No CNC's here lol. Voltage hobbies has nothing to worry about. When my mill and lathe were new the US flag had 48 stars...I call my shop Glacier Machine, I take forever to make anything...

KillerOffRoadHobbyz had a lot of breakages when he ran it on 6s with monster truck wheels. Said it's best to run it stock (i.e. stock wheels and on 4s).

Since the Muckraker and Epidemic (much bigger tires) are the exact same platforms, I am tempted to say the Muckraker is quite a bit more durable. Haven't heard of people complaining about lots of breakages with Epi/Muck, even running on 6s.
I didn't even know Gary had a Sabertooth, might have to check that one out.

Seems like parts are drying up pretty quickly on Tower Hobbies. Anyone have any insights on this?

Their shipping cost to the U.S. is also crazy expensive. Doesn't really make sense.

If you are talking about parts for the muckraker horizon has pretty much everything...

Thanks for putting this thread together @Jimbobjr I purchased a Muckraker based on your feedback :)
Looks like I purchased one of the last items, as I refreshed the page and it said "This item is no longer available".

Hoping to find parts support for it in the future, with Force RC getting dropped, along with the other trucks of the same platform...
FS Racing Leopard: http://www.fs-racingart.com/detail.php?pid=2131
Duratrax 835: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=DTXD78YY&P=Z

I've read that the Hobao 1/8 scale buggy/truggy has some compatible parts as well.

I've read that the Hobao 1/8 scale buggy/truggy has some compatible parts as well.

What parts are you talking about? I know the T-Bone front bumper for the Hobao Hyper SS is a direct fit. Anything else?

If you are creative you will find parts for a while. I don’t break much on mine and run it 6s with the arrma blx system. The diffs are really tuff and have deep cut spiral input and ring gears. I’m still running the cheap servo in mine which I should get rid of but can not kill it. Hope you have good luck with the car.

Back