FM Futaba radio & other receiver compatibility

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Rapture

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm trying to get a boat going and I have a FM 75 Futaba radio but no FM Futaba receivers. Does anyone know if other receivers will work? I have JR, Airtronics, & KO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok in the FM world you have what is know as positive and negative shift radios. Futaba and HiTec are both a negative shift. Airtronics and JR are positive shift. They are close enough to interfere with each other but not to offer positive control of you model. I have been through this before and it is a big PITA. I bought 4 Airtronics receivers for my Futaba 3 PKS to find out they did not work with it. I was fit to be tied....PO'd to say the least. So long answer short...no, for Futaba you will need Futaba or Hitec receivers.....I am not sure about the KO but I think it is also positive shift.

Thanks, I hope my KO 302f receiver works with my old EX1 radio. I just want to make this nitro ABS Sprint boat RTR.

Last edited by a moderator: