FLM stampede parts install help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borjawil

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Stampede I'm upgrading with some fast lane machines parts. Ordered the 1/8 chassis, shock towers, brace kit, and front 1/8 arms. I've emailed them and received no reply. Parts do not come with instructions but are relatively straight forward.

On a side note, the arms I received are the same length as my stock ones so I'm pretty sure I got the wrong part.

For the install, the arms come with pins and C clips. They are 1/8" in diameter which are bigger than the stock turn buckle holes. Using a 1/8" bit will make for a tight fit. I just ran the bit back and forth for a few secs at a time and rechecked fitment until I could get the pins in by pressing firmly. That way the arms are rotating on the pin, not the plastic turnbuckle. Not sure if it's the same concept but with spring front ends (motorcycles) there are pivoting rocker arms. You don't want both parts to rotate around the bolt/bushing. Causes excessive wear/slop/binding.

For the pin on the chassis side, it is about 1/8" too long. Assuming to add a dog bone style brace there? But one was not included.

Front shock tower is installed. It comes with cylinder style mounts for the top of the shocks. But it's as if one side (side that goes against the tower) wasn't machine off or the included bolts are 1/8"+/- too short.

Haven't attempted the rear tower yet. Will update with pics and attempts at other parts as well.

Any one have any advice or a tutorial or pictures?

My grandson has a Stampede, but we have not modified anything - try calling back, it depends on who you get. My grandson is 9; he called in to tech support and the first guy was a peckerwood and hung up - probably as soon as he realized he was just a kid. I told him "call back" and the next guy was a charm and walked a 9 year old through the process. I wish I knew who both of them were, I'd call management and bash and praise. People can be so pitiful - thank you to the rest, the rare ones.

I have both the 2wd and 4x4 kit. Only thing I've upgraded is the driveshafts on the 4x4 so I am no help.
The Stampede's are a kick in the pants so stick with it..
EDIT: forgot to mention, I do have a Hobbywing brushless system in the 4x4 and a cheap Amazon brushless system in the 2wd.

Last edited:
My grandson has a Stampede, but we have not modified anything - try calling back, it depends on who you get. My grandson is 9; he called in to tech support and the first guy was a peckerwood and hung up - probably as soon as he realized he was just a kid. I told him "call back" and the next guy was a charm and walked a 9 year old through the process. I wish I knew who both of them were, I'd call management and bash and praise. People can be so pitiful - thank you to the rest, the rare ones.
Yeah, that would be funny if your grandson called back and got that jerk on the other end again and gave him a G rated earful. If I were a CS guy I would flippin love to have a 9 year old call me for help. I'd just have way too much fun with that conversation. Kids are just the greatest.

Back