Fixing my gx 21 nitro engine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demonhax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello.
I've been looking for help around on google. but could't find anything, but i found this site.
I have an old GX 21 Nitro Engine that i really want to try out, but i've notice something.
10567722_824920404199566_577100983_o.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't that suppost to spin when i pull
10567790_824920760866197_79148420_o.jpg
at that? It may go aroud one time, but it wont go back.

Referring to the picture you posted in the Introduction section. Looks like a screw has backed out from the starter housing? If so, that could be your problem right there.

Or were you in the process of removing it when you took the picture?

Maybe possible be dirt in there. Spring may have broken. One way bearing may be binding and need replaced. Or all the above.

Only way to really know is remove that starter cover and see what you find.

Referring to the picture you posted in the Introduction section. Looks like a screw has backed out from the starter housing? If so, that could be your problem right there.

Or were you in the process of removing it when you took the picture?

Maybe possible be dirt in there. Spring may have broken. One way bearing may be binding and need replaced. Or all the above.

Only way to really know is remove that starter cover and see what you find.

I were in the process of removing the starter housing. I've removen all the dirt in there. fixed the spring, and all that. The problem is that once i pull it to start the engine. It wont go back.
10517089_825417374149869_1819113052_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 4:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:41 PM ----------

I were in the process of removing the starter housing. I've removen all the dirt in there. fixed the spring, and all that. The problem is that once i pull it to start the engine. It wont go back.
10517089_825417374149869_1819113052_n.jpg

Edit: The screw are lose at the picture cause i was about to take it off again. They were sitting on thight when i tried to pull it.

when you fixed the spring did you put a few "tension wraps in it" basically you put the pullstart together and twist the rope holder a few turns to preload the spring and then put it back on the engine.

Back