Fitted a PushGlo toy TMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CupraR

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just received my PushGlo Igniter today and put it onto my TMaxx.

Fit this because I've now gone to a PullStart on my Picco.26 Max, read the hype and thought why not, one less item to carry and I always keep on top of charging my RX Hump Pack.

Fitment is a doddle, it came with the TwistLock Glow Plug Wire, it holds very firmly. Plugged into spare RX Channel for power and for now, Zip Tied the PushGlo Switch to my Battery Box.

I find only one push is necessary (12 seconds of Glow) and I'm away. I'll monitor IF I get an effect in RX runtime, but been out today for a couple of hours, the battery didn't seem to be effected at all. I have a 1600Mah RX pack fitted.

Overall, very happy. The hype. For me, very true. I love it.

I'll get some shots up of it on my Maxx when I can.

Going to buy another one now for the PulseBuggy.

Great to hear!!!! I will be purchasing one very soon also.

I was a bit skeptical at first myself but good to hear that its working out well foir you

Thanks.

Yes, me too. However I suppose it's maybe early days to give a true indication of how much power it may drain. I have a Traxxas TQi Transmitter and keep a close eye on my voltage and Hump charge level, so we will see I suppose.

I hear of lots of people saying to junk the EZ Start as they have problems with it and it gives you less to carry around. Well, this gives even less. So simple. The simplest ideas are usually the best.

I personally liked the EZ Start but found it was having difficulties turning my Picco over.

Agreed.

Here's a couple of shots. Bare in mind, this ain't no shelf queen. It needs a bit of a clean from the other day.

48de381b.gif

beb5a15a.gif

Last edited:
The zip ties are temporary. I'm going to sort something more permanent.

You think thats dirty?? Are you related to Rolex?? LOL

This is everyday clean for my Maxx:

DSCF8559.jpg

Nice setup though. Keep us informed how it works out for you. If its still operational in a couple months I will probably get a few myself

lol, yeah I see what you mean.

Maybe Rolex is my brother, to another mother lol

How do you get your PullStart through your body? Have you hacked it? I can't get the PullStart from the Picco through mine, been starting it sideways haha. Through the rear wheel arch.

Just google pushglo. I think the company name is switchglo. Or if a main has it in stock you can get it off them

lol, yeah I see what you mean.

Maybe Rolex is my brother, to another mother lol

How do you get your PullStart through your body? Have you hacked it? I can't get the PullStart from the Picco through mine, been starting it sideways haha. Through the rear wheel arch.

I will typically overcut the bed of the trucks so I can have access to not only the pullstart but refill the gastank without taking the body off. Makes it a bit easier to start and refuel when I'm in the middle of a bashing. Can post pics if needed

You think thats dirty?? Are you related to Rolex?? LOL

This is everyday clean for my Maxx:

DSCF8559.jpg

Nice setup though. Keep us informed how it works out for you. If its still operational in a couple months I will probably get a few myself

I must be related to Rolex too cuz that looks filthy to me lol> My wife would never let me bring my RCs in the house like that :p

On a more serious note though, the Pushglo can be operated by a second battery if you so choose right? If so I may look into those and do just that...I have extra hump packs a plenty.

Oh she is filthy but if she is running right than theres no reason to clean her.....right?:) I've been googling some info on it since the post started as I'm interested in them but skeptical about durability. That said thers plenty of people that will either run 2 hump packs (1 for rx and 1 for pushglo) or people will go with a 1500 mah lipo with a LV alarm. Not sure if the lipo woul give a better glow or not but it would probably be easier to mount 1 battery (and cleaner looking) than mounting 2

i,ve just ordered a push glo from a-main so ill give it a try,maxx is having a bit of a re-vamp
i,ve been running a 2200 mah lipo for my rx for about a year and its great even the way i drive her and it lasts the whole day so i'm hoping that it can run a push glo aswell,lipo setup cost me maybe $40 including voltage reg

Just received my PushGlo Igniter today and put it onto my TMaxx.

Fit this because I've now gone to a PullStart on my Picco.26 Max, read the hype and thought why not, one less item to carry and I always keep on top of charging my RX Hump Pack.

Fitment is a doddle, it came with the TwistLock Glow Plug Wire, it holds very firmly. Plugged into spare RX Channel for power and for now, Zip Tied the PushGlo Switch to my Battery Box.

I find only one push is necessary (12 seconds of Glow) and I'm away. I'll monitor IF I get an effect in RX runtime, but been out today for a couple of hours, the battery didn't seem to be effected at all. I have a 1600Mah RX pack fitted.

Overall, very happy. The hype. For me, very true. I love it.

I'll get some shots up of it on my Maxx when I can.

Going to buy another one now for the PulseBuggy.

??????? What did you install on your MAXX i never heard of a PlushGlo ???????

??????? What did you install on your MAXX i never heard of a PlushGlo ???????

PushGlo is used to ignite your glow plug powered by the vehicles RX battery.

Nice! Let us know after the weekend how well or not it holds up. I'm wanting to get one but havnt heard any reviews from anyone other than just installing it. Looks good and neat on the battery box.

Yeah. Will do.

Looks set to rain all weekend here at the moment though unfortunately.

Back