first baja paint job

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
since I had this Baja 5T body laying around I thought I would order some masks and give it a whirl.

Paint masks were a breeze to use for the RB logo. MA guy was drawn and cut freehand. all in all i learned a lot and had a blast doing it.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's a nice paint job. I really didn't realize the amount of surface area on just the 5b's shell until I painted mine a few months ago.

looks good.

I love the "I just had this $160 Rc body lying around) haha

looks good.

I love the "I just had this $160 Rc body lying around) haha

@ Alpine...it really was just laying around. :) It came as an extra when I picked up my 5T. I left it alone for a long since the stock bodies tend to break pretty easy.

Thanks for the comments guys...

Nice job Gabe looks great!

thanks Lloyd - its all in the masks! they were great and easy to work with. the edges held great and very clean lines.

i need to get some outdoor close ups...great product!

gabe is that from a can??
it looks nice!! is that the woodster or tripp bodies?i still didnt get mine .I'm broke!
@alpine i believe him when he says its layin around its really layin around! wait till you hear him say how many times he ran them?ehheheh

gabe is that from a can??
it looks nice!! is that the woodster or tripp bodies?i still didnt get mine .I'm broke!
@alpine i believe him when he says its layin around its really layin around! wait till you hear him say how many times he ran them?ehheheh

Hey Joe - yep all done with rattle cans. I did all the dark colors first and went moved to the lighter ones finishing with white. and it actually a stock 5T body that came with the CST 5T i bought last year.

and yes I've run them...I'm on my second set of Hostile MX for the buggy and the T has about 8-10 tanks on it. :)