Firestorm 10t

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driver127

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,
I made my choice, after researching a bit.
I choose to get the the Firestorm 10T over the MT2 18SS+

Yes, I know that the SS+ is faster, but the Firestorm is stronger.

What do you guys think? It's a good choice?

Oh, and one. More thing. The MT2 is 4•4. Does it really makes it better then Firestorm 10T?

Faster isn't always better. That's the biggest problem with RC manufacturers, they advertise top speeds. If you're going more than 50mph, you're less likely to have full control, and more likely to break something.

---------- Post added at 1:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:54 PM ----------

You'll probably have more fun with the 4x4.

Faster isn't always better. That's the biggest problem with RC manufacturers, they advertise top speeds. If you're going more than 50mph, you're less likely to have full control, and more likely to break something.

---------- Post added at 1:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:54 PM ----------

You'll probably have more fun with the 4x4.

Why you think so?

4x4 is great. However, it's not a stadium truck.
That's what I was reading, and I must to say again, that this is my first car so I am not sure...

Thanks for your respond.

Just different handling. It's really a matter of opinion though. I prefer the 4x4. Stadium trucks aren't really a "basher" anymore. Most stadium trucks, the Firestorm, TLR 22T, AE T4.1, are built for racing. Racing is a bit more controlled. When you jump, you aren't jumping at top speed, and you would usually have a descending ramp to land on.

Just different handling. It's really a matter of opinion though. I prefer the 4x4. Stadium trucks aren't really a "basher" anymore. Most stadium trucks, the Firestorm, TLR 22T, AE T4.1, are built for racing. Racing is a bit more controlled. When you jump, you aren't jumping at top speed, and you would usually have a descending ramp to land on.

Different handling such as road grip(or whatever you call it)?

Thanks for the info. I will check these two models again...

4wd is going to be more responsive. When you go full throttle from a full stop, it'll be more likely to go, rather than to spin the tires. If you're jumping, you'll have more control for the pitch, whether or not it rolls forward or backward, so you can land it better. Having sealed differentials front and rear give you so many more options for turning, and power delivery.

I understand you're new, but if you're anything like the rest of us, once you get in, you're hooked. You'll eventually want to learn the most you can about the vehicle you have, and what you can do to make it faster, more agile and responsive.

In the end, just pick one and have fun!

Back