Finished putting together my Arrows RC Bigfoot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got to maiden the Bigfoot this past weekend.

THE GOOD:
Very stable flyer, once I got her trimmed out she handled very nice. Very stable, very gentle flyer. Nothing unpredictable in her behavior.
THE BAD:
The tires are very stiff and don't like pavement at all. They might be great in grass but slide all over hard surfaces with very poor traction. I will probably put some Eflight Timber tires on it.

The second thing is after the maiden when I went to taxi out for the second flight the motor seized up. I was very surprised after having a pretty good maiden with no mishaps.

THE GOOD PART 2 : I fired off a detailed email on Sunday to Hobbyzone where I purchased the plane, to let them know I'd had a problem. Monday (today) I got a shipping notice for a new motor. It was a surprise since I hadn't gotten a reply of any sort to my email. I am greatfull for the quick service., still would have been nice if they would have sent a reply letting me know what they had done.

Hopefully it was just a bad motor, I've never had a motor fail that hadn't been thoroughly abused first. ;)
That's cool of them, makes me want to continue buying their product.

Should I send an email to Horizon about my mishap? 🙄
0419211629.jpg

Doh😵
First time I ever flew my Apprentice STS I did great for about 2 minutes, then I hit a tree branch and somehow broke the fuselage in half. But! I still landed flawlessly. It was repaired. Lol. Maiden voyages are enense.

Well finally got a chance to finish up my "Bigfoot" that's been sitting around waiting for me to get off my butt. This is a really nice kit. The quality is very nice, fit and finish are very good. All of the cables are clearly marked. The battery hatch has a very nice latch. Sturdy landing gear and lots of lights.

I'm itchin' to take her out, hopefully next weekend will be her maiden flight.

View attachment 143753

Had to spruce her up a bit with a plug for my favorite forum. :)

View attachment 143754
Nice....reminds me of a Cessna 170.....arrows is a good company I'm about to pick up a husky