Finished putting together my Arrows RC Bigfoot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Well finally got a chance to finish up my "Bigfoot" that's been sitting around waiting for me to get off my butt. This is a really nice kit. The quality is very nice, fit and finish are very good. All of the cables are clearly marked. The battery hatch has a very nice latch. Sturdy landing gear and lots of lights.

I'm itchin' to take her out, hopefully next weekend will be her maiden flight.

PSX_20220313_143721.jpg

Had to spruce her up a bit with a plug for my favorite forum. :)

PSX_20220313_143738.jpg

I've been trying not to get more planes, but really missed having a bigger size high wing. They are super relaxing to fly. My other stuff takes a little more concentration, sometimes it's nice to let the reflexes take over and not think to hard.

Well finally got a chance to finish up my "Bigfoot" that's been sitting around waiting for me to get off my butt. This is a really nice kit. The quality is very nice, fit and finish are very good. All of the cables are clearly marked. The battery hatch has a very nice latch. Sturdy landing gear and lots of lights.

I'm itchin' to take her out, hopefully next weekend will be her maiden flight.

View attachment 143753

Had to spruce her up a bit with a plug for my favorite forum. :)

View attachment 143754
Wow I love it!!

It cost more to fill in the pool than it did to replace the tile and resurface the pool or I would have one bad ass crawling course right now. 🤣

I actually considered putting floats on my umx turbo timber and giving it a try but the neighbors on all three sides have tall trees and with our gazebo i can't get a good approach.

Last edited:
Took my Hawk Eye out Sunday for a few hours. I'm going to have to take it to the football field. It doesn't like low speed at all. I'm hoping that's what's wrong with it. But It did act a little janky a few times. Ailerons didnt want to work. I wrecked it 20+ times and put it in 3 trees, the 2nd one got a little sporty to get out. The 3rd one was so I didn't hit a truck driving down the road. He thought it was funny.
Most of the "wrecks" were unscheduled landings mostly. I did manage to not break it even though I can't tell you how many cart wheels it did. Tough little plane, and still lives!

Once you get used to that one, you'll be looking at that Arrows Husky! I am working on getting my unboxing done on that and WOW!!! Arrows is doing great work these days!

Btw, awesome stickers :D

GB

Once you get used to that one, you'll be looking at that Arrows Husky! I am working on getting my unboxing done on that and WOW!!! Arrows is doing great work these days!

Btw, awesome stickers :D

GB

I don't have space for the Husky! :eek:🤣 I am impressed with the quality and design, that Arrow is putting out.

Looking like our weather isn't going to cooperate after all for the upcoming weekend. 🤔

I don't have space for the Husky! :eek:🤣 I am impressed with the quality and design, that Arrow is putting out.

Looking like our weather isn't going to cooperate after all for the upcoming weekend. 🤔
I am sorry to hear about your weather and I agree about the quality. The way the apply the decals is second to none, while other brands that cost more do not have that attention to detail.

I agree about the size of the Husky too! I have been moving one around my apartment while doing testing for the unboxing I am working on and WOW is that thing huge, but SOOOO well done :D

@GBLynden The wife vetoed my idea of adding a second story to the house for hanger storage. 🤣
You're doing it all wrong. You have to build her a hobby room, then when she isn't paying attention, move all your stuff in there.

You're doing it all wrong. You have to build her a hobby room, then when she isn't paying attention, move all your stuff in there.

I do that and I'll be living in the shed out back with the black widows....not a good option!

LOL there's an idea, but then again, she likes me to keep my word or it is not fun LOL

Well I got to maiden the Bigfoot this past weekend.

THE GOOD:
Very stable flyer, once I got her trimmed out she handled very nice. Very stable, very gentle flyer. Nothing unpredictable in her behavior.
THE BAD:
The tires are very stiff and don't like pavement at all. They might be great in grass but slide all over hard surfaces with very poor traction. I will probably put some Eflight Timber tires on it.

The second thing is after the maiden when I went to taxi out for the second flight the motor seized up. I was very surprised after having a pretty good maiden with no mishaps.

THE GOOD PART 2 : I fired off a detailed email on Sunday to Hobbyzone where I purchased the plane, to let them know I'd had a problem. Monday (today) I got a shipping notice for a new motor. It was a surprise since I hadn't gotten a reply of any sort to my email. I am greatfull for the quick service., still would have been nice if they would have sent a reply letting me know what they had done.

Hopefully it was just a bad motor, I've never had a motor fail that hadn't been thoroughly abused first. ;)