FG- leopard sportline

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&N racing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hi all,

i presume nobody has heard yet-if not i will be the first to announce the LEO 'sportline' both versions coming soon to the public,a 4x4 belted version and normal 2wd version,both models come with decent servos & RTR.

i will have one in a few weeks and will do a full review from RTR out of the box,I'm intrested myself to see how it will do stock,cause to be honest i went too mad with my last offroad project and it went wayyyy over budget,i still feel i made it too heavy,just my 2 cents too much alloy isn't always a good thing as you increase the weight too much and then you need to go to town on the engine department to cope.

anyway,sorry for the rant,i would just love to see how a 'stock' leo sportline holds up out of the box and to see how long it can be durable for without having to order alloy hop ups.

i most likely will opt for the 2wd version for simplicity with the repairs and easy handling around bash spots at home,unless i can be talked out of it by somebody who has had an 4x4 fg.

i for one am very excited about these hitting the market,they look sleek and modern and look to be of solid build.

pics direct from FG.

The Leopard 2 Sportsline is the affordable entry into the 2WD competition class. You will hardly reckon the differences in construction compared to the bigger brother - the Leopard 2 Competition, just a few more plastic parts were used. Nevertheless this is no disadvantage at all! The Leopard 2 Sportsline offers ready-to-drive competition technology to a sensible price for beginners.

The driving components are built on a 4mm aluminium chassis. The extremely long double wishbones at front and rear axle result in a vehicle width of 470mm. The long wheelbase of 530mm as well as the large-volume oil-pressure shock absorbers care for a balanced driving performance. The lateral splash-guard and the almost closed bodyshell prevent engine, servos a.s.o. from dirt.

The model is equipped with a powerful 26ccm combustion engine with tuning pipe and ready oiled air-filter. The engine runs with normal 2-stroke petrol-oil mixture (available at every petrol station). The tank filling of 0,7 litres enables you to run your model around 45 minutes. With the installed pull-start system the engine can be started without any difficulties.

The RTR version is delivered with assembled and preset 2.4 GHz radio control system, charger and rechargeable batteries, either with painted or clear bodyshell. To complete the non-RTR version with clear bodyshell all popular servos and radio control systems are suitable.

1484-_750_0_5_20118222039.jpg

6418-Leopard_2_Sportsline__RTR__lackiert_800_800_1_20118221752.jpg

1485-_750_0_5_20118222049.jpg

1482-_750_0_5_20118221851.jpg

6421-Leopard_4_Sportsline__RTR__lackiert_800_800_1_20118221745.jpg

1483-_750_0_5_20118221852.jpg

i would be intrested in hearing which you would think is better as a basher the 4x4 or 2wd version,i don't know which to go for :D

dan

That thing is wierd looking, would be fun but I would bet it would run really hot seeing that the air filter is facing backwards, and is right next to the exhaust.

to be honest a good point,i havn't thought about the filter too much but all i can add to that is all FG offroad models come this way and they never have any problems and run fine,the pipe is small on this and a reasonable distance away from the filter.

Back