ez start to pullstart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrost

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i got an old rustler for free today and its got the stupid ez start sytem on it how do i go about switching to a pull start its got a .15 traxxas motor do i just remove the ezstart system and install a pullstart?

yup just remove the easy start system and put on the pullstarter.

Is it the old 15 pro or the 2.5? I know for a fact with the 2.5... you just remove the ez start and housing and install a pullstart housing. You use the original OWB.

I'd want to say the same would be true for the older engine, but since I haven't had one, I can't say.

thanks its the old .15 but i pulled it off tonight and it looks like it goes right on. i'll see when the lhs gets it in.

The pull start will fit right on all you have to do is get the right pull starter with a hex kind of slot instead of the circlular one on the back.

Having done this in the past with the pro .15, it's a direct bolt on. Same owb is used. However, you will need a knife to put it on, as the pullstart does not have a retainer for the spool. If you're not careful, you'll end up with a handful of unwound pullstart.