ESC was blinking and receiver was blinking, no steering or throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Last edited:
Was cleaning out my rustler because i went out after the rain. Plugged in a battery and turned ESC on. ESC was blinking red because I use nimh batteries. The receiver was blinking red and green. I didn't have turning or throttle. Have stock TQ receiver.

Video: https://www.tiktok.com/@trx_rustler...r_device=pc&sender_web_id=6961026487320315397

You have to reset the ESC because it has a safety feature on the type of battery
you use ,it is so you dont damage your Lipo's ,so it gives you the option to program
the ESC for the type of batteries that is being used!..:thumbs-up:

Look up in the users manual what the flashing lights mean, then you'll have an idea of what the issue is.

Was cleaning out my rustler because i went out after the rain. Plugged in a battery and turned ESC on. ESC was blinking red because I use nimh batteries. The receiver was blinking red and green. I didn't have turning or throttle. Have stock TQ receiver.

Video:
check if the ESC is in LI PO mode if it is, turn it off and hold the set button (if it is the XL-5 ESC or the Velinieon VXL 3s esc) and then try again because that is what happened to my traxxas rustler 2wd's XL-5 ESC