ESC questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hello again everybody. So hey I have a esc that was just delivered and the jumper that goes from the lipo and the nihm pins was missing. I was wondering if I can use a wire to jump it so I can drive and not wait on Amazon to get there crap togeather and get me replacements. One other thing if the ESC is programmable do I have to program it or can I use it as is. Thanks

I can't answer the jumper question, but you should be able to use the ESC since they typically come with default settings.

Yes, you can just use a wire, but the best thing to do would be to go to a local pc repair place and grab you a jumper. They should have millions of them. If you have any old hard drives lying around, they will likely have one on the back by the plugs. Motherboards from computers and lots of electronics will have them as well. Just like spiders, you are never more than a few feet from one.

You can make a temporary jumper out of a JR or futaba connector if you have one laying around you can afford to tear up to use as a jumper.

As for programming the ESC, I'm guessing its not programmable or it wouldnt have a jumper to set LiPo/NiXX mode. You will need to calibrate it though.