esc and battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazabruce

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I was told to get a 17.5 t brushless motor to compete at the new track in my area I have been out of the hobby for years and I don't know what esc and battery I need for this motor I know I need lipo any help would be appreciated

Bear in mind that I've never owned a losi 22 but based on kit that I have had I would probably start out with an ESC/Motor combo like THIS. Problem is they seem to be on backorder on a lot of websites. THIS is probably a decent place to start also but you'll probably want to upgrade to the the RSX Pro eventually anyway so id try to pick it up if you can find it online anywhere. Then for a lipo Id probably start out with a gensacearespammers brand but youll have to find one the right mah and the right dimentions. HERE is the specs for the battery that Losi recommends that you buy for it.

If you want more budget options you can look at Hobbywing for systems with similar specs. and Use Zeee lipos

Thanks I'll look
If you're looking to be competitive on the track Id go with a Tekin, Castle Creations, Viper, Speed Passion, Orion, Novak, or some other racing brand ESC/Motor with good customer support. Differences between Tekin and HW aside, HW has terrible customer support.

Last edited:
If you're looking to be competitive on the track Id go with a Tekin, Castle Creations, Viper, Speed Passion, Orion, Novak, or some other racing brand ESC/Motor with good customer support. Differences between Tekin and HW aside, HW has terrible customer support.
Which power supply and charger do you recommend from those places you sent me thanks in advance

I would start out with THIS for your first charger. As for a Power supply if you're looking to get buy cheap as possible then I would get THIS. If you want to spend the extra money up front for a power supply that can grow with you as you get more powerful chargers then I would get THIS.