engine runs great except for snuffing after a long idle..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. My new os 21 tm is brilliant. My only drama is after a 10 second idle, if I open full throttle it will snuff as soon as I come off it. But if I ease it on, it is sweet.. not sure why..

Lean on hsn. My lrp was just doing same thing with me over the weekend. Come to find out i had the lsn and hsn set 3/4 of a turn too lean from stock settings. Went back to correct factory settings on both and was fine. While tuning it i ran into same issue you speak of when the hsn was too lean. What are your temps reading?

Well that is the funny thing as they seem to cool.. The temps are between 95 and 110 degress celscius, which equates to 203 to 230 fahrenheit. Hmm. I thought the hsp was fine and maybe it was the lsn, now I'm not so sure..

Lean the LSN for your problem, leaning the HSN won't solve the it. It sounds just a little rich and is loading up at idle, when you hit full throttle you get a rush of built up fuel from the crank case and it snuffs out the plug. Leaning the LSN will help prevent this loading up and a full throttle stab should just launch nicely. Follow the guide in the link below and your engine should run at peak performance.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102688

Back