engine cutts out after about 3 mins, and cutts out at full revs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickybuggy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i run my .28 engine on 20% fuel and it runs for only 3 mins, it doesn't overheat it just randomly cutts out after that time, it sounds like its chokeing sometimes and other times it sounds perfect, I'm sure I'm not running it lean because plenty of smoke is coming out and it doesn't get to hot, and also it cutts out close to and on full revs, what is happening and what should i do, and if u have noticed the number of posts about this engine annoying the poop out of me, its really starting to piss me off:angry:

Nick you said it is not getting too warm..ok we can maybe rule out too lean. How about too rich? Do you have a lot of oil coming out of the exhaust? Check your temps if you can and if they are 200 or below try giving your high speed needle 1/8 turn incriment turns....turn it in...run it around and check temps to see how it is doing. I like mine and seem to ren the best at around 240-250 range. Aslo pull your glow plug and see what it looks like.....put the ignitor to it and make sure the full plug is getting nice and bright red.

What's not too hot? If you don't have a temp gauge, use the old spit method. Put a drop of spit on the cooling head. It should take 2-3 seconds to sizzle off. Any more and it's too cool. If it flashes right off, it's hot.

Sounds like you have no fuel pressure. Check your tank for air leaks and replace the line going into it from the pipe.

i use the spit method, and it does take a while to sizle off, I'm gonna try leaning the engine out gradually untill I'm satisfied, cause I've had it for a month now and have run 1.5L of fuel through it and it has never done a whole tank in one run without some sort of problem occuring

engine

it sounds like a air leak in your fuel tank , i had the same problem i believe its cause the tank is not sealing fully , well atleast that what was my problem with my savage...

it sounds like a air leak in your fuel tank , i had the same problem i believe its cause the tank is not sealing fully , well atleast that what was my problem with my savage...

Are you sure your lid is not coming loose after running a while ?

Back