Emaxx ESC caught fire. Owned by a wounded Marine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ESC are you referring to? I own several different Spektrum ESCs and none of them have balance wires on the ESC.
The Firma 150a has a small gray wire that is used for the Smart features. You can see it in the middle of each of the connectors between the positive and negative leads. I just snipped mine off at the connector and heat shrinked them to the cables before I put braided sleaving on.

1676248669996.png

The Firma 150a has a small gray wire that is used for the Smart features. You can see it in the middle of each of the connectors between the positive and negative leads. I just snipped mine off at the connector and heat shrinked them to the cables before I put braided sleaving on.

View attachment 160195
Huh, I never noticed that. Ill have to look at mine when I get home today. The 150s and 160s I have are in pretty high powered rigs so I've been using EC5 connectors in them so I havent had to cut the IC5s off. I'm guessing I've just not paid close enough attention.

Huh, I never noticed that. Ill have to look at mine when I get home today. The 150s and 160s I have are in pretty high powered rigs so I've been using EC5 connectors in them so I havent had to cut the IC5s off. I'm guessing I've just not paid close enough attention.
It's the balance lead for charging the Spektrum smart batteries and on the ESC it allows it to pass the battery level telemetry back to the controller. I'm still all stock electronics on my Vorteks.

Definitely agree with not using an adapter for a basher. I'm ok with it on my crawlers although I prefer not to use them, but they don't pull nearly the amp load the Vorteks does, even the IC5 connector gets warm after a long rip.

Back