Electric on road

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are there any brushless 1/10 electric on roads besides the HPI Sprint 2 flux? I want to get one but they all seem to come with brushed motors or as kits. I don't mind kits, it's just that I'm afraid it will be to expensive buying all the electronics.

If you're on a budget you can always look for something second hand. When I bought my second JRX for carpet racing I found one at a great price and it was frickin MINT.

What rig do you recommend for me. I am not going to race with it.

Last edited:
Well honestly, if you're just going to have fun with it then it doesn't really matter. Parts availability should probably be the most important factor. So maybe like an associated TC3 or 4 or something like that which won't be too expensive even second hand. Check your local hobby shop and see if they have parts support for any onroads then go shopping. See what you can find over at RCTech. There's always a boatload of stuff for sale. I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to piece together a brushless onroad for a modest amount of cash. Look for people trying to sell rigs as a basis for a VTA car. VTA class generally sees a fair amount of older chassis', so people with older touring cars looking to sell use that as a sort of marketing tool.

Personally, I race a pair of JRX-S Type R's which Losi doesn't even sell anymore, but parts are still readily available.

Back