Electric conterted tmaxx belt drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxlawman87xx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently converted my tmaxx to electric. I've had some issue with gears chipping teeth so I thought I'd experiment with belt drive. I've got it on and it's working but it slips significantly under load. I've seen some people convert xmaxx's to belt drive and I'm not running anything near that. Any suggestions? How much tension should I run etc...

it will need a lot of tension or a idler pully to do the tension for you.

not sure engineering wise its not that hard of a fix, a arm or bracket a ride pully and a spring either to pull or push pully into belt.

I wonder how the xmaxx gets away with jt
The Xmaxx uses bigger gears. Which Tmaxx did you convert? I've done mine. Well I built it from chassis up. Using the 3.3 chassis for the longer wheel base. And the Revo 2.0 tranns. For the better trans for the tourqe of the brushless motor.
You would need a extra pulley like TNT suggested. What gearing are you using?
The Xmaxx uses bigger gears. Which Tmaxx did you convert? I've done mine. Well I built it from chassis up. Using the 3.3 chassis for the longer wheel base. And the Revo 2.0 tranns. For the better trans for the tourqe of the brushless motor.