1st 1:10 Electric RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hepher88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I've currently got a 1:8 Nitro car that I run but I have recently found out that there is a club nearby that run 1:10 electrics and so I thought I'd take a look into it. Being somewhat of a novice with current cars I'd very much appreciate some input please? Looking at something like the Traxxas Rustler but have a budget of around £350

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414_203327_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414_203327_com.android.chrome.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 67
So I've currently got a 1:8 Nitro car that I run but I have recently found out that there is a club nearby that run 1:10 electrics and so I thought I'd take a look into it. Being somewhat of a novice with current cars I'd very much appreciate some input please? Looking at something like the Traxxas Rustler but have a budget of around £350
I would go see what the guys at the club are running. You dont want to buy the wrong car, and not have it work out. As for the Rustler, i have no idea how that works as a race vehicle, since i have never owned one.

If I was in the UK I would probably get a 2wd or 4wd 1/10 buggy to race.

Seems like there are loads of people racing them at every offroad club.

I am looking at 1/10 buggies for myself at the moment.

Shortlist is;
LC racing LC10b5 (cheapest decent buggy I can find & I have 2 of their smaller scale cars which are great)
Xray xb4 (best local parts support)
Anything else from Team associated or TLR that is 2nd hand and looks decent (+ comes with spares!)

PS if anyone knows of another new, good value shaft drive 1/10 race car available easily outside of the USA then let us know!
PPS LC racing have a budget 1/10 roller Chassis available too (PTG-1) - it looks like it would be usable as a fun race buggy, but definitely not as good as their LC10b5

I agree with Bigman100, go see what others are running first, can save you a ton of money and heartache.

Back