EC Connector Punches!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just discovered and ordered these punches for EC3 and EC5 connectors! Progressive RC makes them.

s-l1600.png
s-l166600.png

I was assuming it was to install them. IDK if you could also remove them with it?
Oh, THAT makes sense! I just pushed mine in with the wires, but that would be awesome. I did tear a couple apart trying to save as much wire as I could and that was a bit of a pain to do. So I wonder if those swing both ways 🤔🤪

Oh, THAT makes sense! I just pushed mine in with the wires, but that would be awesome. I did tear a couple apart trying to save as much wire as I could and that was a bit of a pain to do. So I wonder if those swing both ways 🤔🤪
I can't get em to go in without using some serious force 🤷‍♂️

🤣🤣

i did not, but I think it has more to do with the solder that always leaks out of the holes in the sides of the bullet connectors than anything. Unless the amass version doesn't have holes in the sides of the bullets?

i did not, but I think it has more to do with the solder that always leaks out of the holes in the sides of the bullet connectors than anything. Unless the amass version doesn't have holes in the sides of the bullets?
Nope. At least mine don't.

Nope. At least mine don't.
I guess i need to order some amass brand EC connectors then cuz the ones I have the bullets have holes in the sides of the cup and solder leaks down the sides and I have to pound em in to place. If I got some without holes that would make a big difference.