Earthquake 3.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Well after some doing I've finally got the wife excited about her earthquake. It's nearly done just waiting on a new body and a radio system to be complete. We just got the body mounts installed and she can't wait till the rest gets here

That's awesome. I've been working on a Proline 2009 Jeep Wrangler body for the wifes Everest 10 Crawler and she is loving it and excited also. Its always good to keep the wife happy...:)

Last edited:
Got the new receiver today. Got it in and bound. New body from a volcano is on as well. Waiting for the pull starter to get here then we can finally fire this up

happy wife= happy life I'm told. Cool build. You think she will let you drive it?

Got everything installed on the quake. Put a new plug in and made sure the igniter was charged. It just doesn't want to start. At first the pull starter wouldn't grab often now it turns it over every pull but still wont start. No clue as to what's going on. It has great compression and new fuel lines. I'm stumped

Got everything installed on the quake. Put a new plug in and made sure the igniter was charged. It just doesn't want to start. At first the pull starter wouldn't grab often now it turns it over every pull but still wont start. No clue as to what's going on. It has great compression and new fuel lines. I'm stumped

Have you tried pre-heating the engine with a heat source like a hot blow dryer ,I noticed the state you live in ,it may
just be the cold!

So we've been having issues with the nitro motor and have decided to start an electric conversion on it. Got it stripped and ready for the new parts. I ordered a goolrc brushless setup a new pinion and the earthquake 8e transmission with motor mount. Looks like it all will drop in and be an easy conversion I'm leaving the nitro upper deck after modifying it to make room for a battery. I'm hoping to get the parts and get the conversion done in the next week or so. Should be fun and I'll keep you guys updated

Great looking truck. Out of curiosity how fast does it go?

Got rid of the nitro components. Decided to convert it to brushless. I ordered an earthquake 8e transmission and motor mount from Amazon. Those will be here monday. That was the last thing I needed. Once its here I should hopefully be able to work the bugs out and go for a test run.

Just got the transmission in now to work on the mounts and bracing. Did a quick bench test and it works great. Need a new steering servo but other than that I'm happy with it
20200803_144405.jpg

That's definitely the next thing is a little box for the reciever @cbaker65. Just wanted to run it and see how it worked together. It's been sitting as a roller/parts stash for about 8 months. Just finally had the gumption to finish it lol

Put the stock tires and an amazon exclusive body on it. I think it looks better than that ford lol
20200809_213813.jpg

I kinda liked the silver body rough but hay what are we doing with it anyway..a simple trim here and there and let it rip...

Back