e-revo problems plz help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxman58

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So my e revo today while i was driving the car started making a burning smell and it would roll and would stop very fast by it self. and roll backwards a little bit and it made a little bit of a grinding type sound. I pulled the engines (2 titian 550s)and nothing was wrong with those so this leaves me guessing it may be something with the trans or diffs but i dont know this car is still new got it for xmas and it probally close to 15 hours of run time on the car. has any one had this problem and what is wrong with it.

Have you checked your servo? Sometimes a bad servo can cause all kinds lot problems. With my erevo I had a servo go out and it made my Esc act all weird and even changed settings without having the castle link. I thought my Esc was smoked because it had no reverse and it had no power off the line because it changed my punch. Then I bought the castle link and found out it was fine just had to reset it. So check your servos they will mess things up!

i'm thinking maybe throttle trim being moved. it'll stop quicker and go into reverse slightly. The burning smell could be the heat from the motors, as the mesh could be tight making the grind noise or even from the throttle trim applying the brakes all the time when off the throttle.
Then again it could be esc or servo too.

I had that smell come from my rig when my esc in my mini summit vxl crapped out. It would still move the truck just like yours is in the same way but the esc was toast.

this happened to my friends rig when we were driving. he recently had it in muddy water and his tires were full of water i think it put alot of stress on his car and the esc was starting to kill itself and i dont know of anything else he opened the trans and there was no grease left i think some water got in.

Ok so it's happening again and it's not the trans and it does all of this when it's off but is not smelling and the esc will only work with no reverse setting. Since this is my friends truck he will not believe its the esc but it is what I think it is. Anyone know whats happening?

If not the esc then it could possibly be burning brushes from the motor that you are smelling.

motors run fine and it has all of the problems when it is off not including the smell

Back