E-Revo Brushless water proof?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWK322

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was wondering before I buy the E-revo Brushless edition how water proof it really is. Traxxas dosen't clame it is water proof like the rest of its electric line-up. I'm guessing because of the Mamba Monster Esc and Motor they use, guess they don't want to claim something they can't personal back up. I skimmed the Castle Creations site to see if they would shed light on how water proof the system was but they really don't mention anything of the sort either way.

So I pose the question to all of you, how water proof it it? Have you guys had encounters with the brushless E-revo and water? Good or bad results? and if the system isn't out of the box water proof can it be made so and how hard and time consuming is to make it so?

Thanks guys for the insight!!!

~JWK~

It is not for the reason you state and you really can't do anything to make the setup waterproof.

Well, thats a bit of a bummer. I guess when I get mine I'll just have to be careful with it. Thanks.

~JWK~

I'm sure it could take a very minimal exposure to water, but to run it through deliberately is kind of playing with a book of matches.. eventually you might get burned.

I almost lost my mamba monster esc running through snow, I had to soak it in wd-40 to bring it back to life.

None of the Traxxas electrics are truly waterproof. They are water resistant. Traxxas states that you should not submerge them.

Even though they say that, there are videos on youtube that show people unbox slashes and drive them into pools

Back