Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubberneck

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi guys, i currently own an 1/8 nitro buggy & a savage x 4.6. I'm thinking about trying an electric vehicle & have been looking at the revo 1/16. i know nothing about electric cars so some advice would be appreciated. what does everyone think about the revo & what else would i need to get when i do purchase an electric car? looks like i would need another battery & i would have to get a charger. what would you recommend for battery & charger?

sky lipos are pretty good and they are cheap like 7 to 20 bucks a peace for two cell lipos. i dont remember what charger we use but its not a good one.

thanks for input guys. tmaxx that charger will do hump pack batteries to right? also sounds like you guys are suggesting that i get lipo batteries for car as it looks like it comes with nimh. do tou guys think the revo 1/16 is a good car?

The MERV is a great rig, tough as nails and insanely quick on lipo. I picked up two 2s sky lipos for 9 bucks a piece.

yes it will do about any battery you want, you can run 2 nimh and get good speed and power or one 2-3S pack, i run 2S in mine, i heard 3S can be rough on the diffs and drivetrain

which sky lipos that are 2s and 3s fit i bought some 11.1v and the did not fit
i do not want to have to modify the trays

this site is awsome. thanks for the help. i'm gonna look at merv also. i need to get hump batteries for my nitro runners, any suggestions there? also do they make rechargeable pack for radios or just use AA?

---------- Post added at 6:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:44 PM ----------

who makes merv? haven't found it yet

traxxas

---------- Post added at 7:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:53 PM ----------

The MERV is a great rig, tough as nails and insanely quick on lipo. I picked up two 2s sky lipos for 9 bucks a piece.

Which did you buy and where did you get them?

merv is just short for mini e revo. Its the exact same thing you posted about. Heard nothing but great things about them.

Back