Dynamite mach 2 .19

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

!!!sam!!!

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello I am new to the forum! Hooray! I know this subject has most likely be talked about but i was wondering since my 3.3 on my jato blew i was wondering if anyone had experience or knowledge of the dynamite engine. Thanks

I have one in my revo, its junk don't buy it. I had to machine the back plate on a lathe to get the one way bearing to fit, after horizon sent me three replacement backplates that were supposed to fix it.

What engine do you think I should get?

I have the .19T in a tmaxx and have had no issues at all with it. As a matter of fact it performs better than the 3.3 i had in it! Other than that engine i recommend an OS .21 or picco .26 max and a ofna bb mount.

I take the above positive statement back on the .19T. I just started having issues with mine and broke it down to find the main crank bearing in pieces along with shavings in block. Pitted piston and scratched block where shavings pulled out with sleeve. So wont be buying another dynamite unless i buy and install good bearings.

I was about to order a set of boca bearings for it because i heard the issue every where! Also sorry to here your engine did that.

I take the above positive statement back on the .19T. I just started having issues with mine and broke it down to find the main crank bearing in pieces along with shavings in block. Pitted piston and scratched block where shavings pulled out with sleeve. So wont be buying another dynamite unless i buy and install good bearings.

How much fuel through it? I've had mine for about a gallon, maybe more, and haven't had any trouble. I can't say anything about the "extra torque" over a 3.3, I put mine in a Rustler that had a really REALLY worn 3.3 and when I put the .19 in I also went from 2.2 Dirt Hawgs to 2.8 Trenchers using the same CB, so I know the tire change stole some of my "punch". The only thing I don't like about the .19 is the exhaust, I have been trying to keep the fuel off of my truck but I just can't get a good seal (haven't tried too hard). My engine has taken some solid hits, slid down the street and has never given me a hard time.

3 gallons! I just got her all back together with a new main bearing and all cleaned up. I'm concerned that it wont run right due to my fathers heavy hand over tightening the carb pinch bolt and gouging a spot in carb body where it goes into block. If so i will have to get a new carb body. For now I'm gonna run it in my revo in place of the 2.5R i have in it now. Maybe she will give me a few more gallons or better before she totally goes. Fingers crossed

3 gallons! I just got her all back together with a new main bearing and all cleaned up. I'm concerned that it wont run right due to my fathers heavy hand over tightening the carb pinch bolt and gouging a spot in carb body where it goes into block. If so i will have to get a new carb body. For now I'm gonna run it in my revo in place of the 2.5R i have in it now. Maybe she will give me a few more gallons or better before she totally goes. Fingers crossed
well i think I'm still getting the .19 because my 3.3 took a poop but I'm just going to get boca bearings before i even run it!:D

Probably a con rod. I have almost a gallon through my .19 and its just starting to act right, it will finally hold a tune and won't over heat.. Sounds like its time for my bearings to go

All in all I've really enjoyed the .19T and been very impressed with its performance. It actually belongs to my father and the tmaxx i gave him to get into the hobby and he has been running the hell out of it. So that being said there is a chance that his tuning not being the greatest could have been an issue. I'm hoping I've saved the engine for now and can enjoy it in my 2.5 revo. At least until something happens to the picco .26 he just stuck in the maxx and he hands it down to me as well. Other than hand downs I'm not buying anything else traxxas or any more engines for them. My next project to invest in will be a buggy and truggy and both will have novarossi mills and savox electronics.

Well i can't get this .19 to start and stay running now so just gonna order a new carb and seal engine up tight and try again after carb gets here. Till then I'm gonna break my 2.5R down and clean it up re seal it good and keep running it on the revo. After the 28th I'm hoping to start receiving a disability check including 2 years of backpay. Then I'm just gonna build my truggy i been wanting!

Well i can't get this .19 to start and stay running now so just gonna order a new carb and seal engine up tight and try again after carb gets here. Till then I'm gonna break my 2.5R down and clean it up re seal it good and keep running it on the revo. After the 28th I'm hoping to start receiving a disability check including 2 years of backpay. Then I'm just gonna build my truggy i been wanting!

I know how to seal an engine but what do you use?

Was there any damage/scratches inside the sleeve from the top of the ports and up? If there is then it's not worth throwing any money at. Any deep vertical scaring of the chrome or piston face will create instant blow by and the tiny amount of air/fuel under full compression, it doesn't take much to go from 7.5:1 to 6:1 compression and lose a lot of the pop. I understand that they use cheaper parts and materials to try and keep these taiwanese engines affordable, but whoever ok'd the use of metal shielded bearings "inside" the engine should be fired :)

Robin thanks for chiming back in and no, there was no damage at all to inside of sleeve or piston skirt. The only thing i noticed was very light scratching between sleeve and block VERY LIGHT. The top of piston lightly pitted also. After replacing bearing and assembly the engine still has great compression. The carb on the other hand is warped and gashed where the pinch bolt holds it. This is from my dad over tightening the hell out of it and every since he did this is when the problems started. I'm just guessing that replacing the carb will fix the problem. Also to answer the other question i use high temp red rtv silicone. Good up to 630 degrees F.

Back