Dynamite .21 " broken pull-start"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackdaddy66

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all, I have went through two pull-starts with my dynamite .21, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if another brand of pull-start may fit this engine. i called Horizon-Hobby they sent me out a new one, and it broke yesterday. i don't think i am being too hard on them, but on both the tip of the spring broke off. if theres a tougher pull-start that fits this engine i would appreciate the heads up. thanks and peace !

You may be pulling it out too far which will stress the spring when you get to the end of the rope.

Pull starts should be used using short pulls.

Hi, thanks, i ordered another one and i will definately not pull it out very far, Horizon Hobby was very kind and is sending me out another replacement. Extremely happy with their customer service. and the little engine runs great. peace !

hey just a quick question, i am running the stock 16 tooth clutch bell, if i drop to a 13 that should gear me about 3.70 or so. JUST WONdERIN WHAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE ON THAT? THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL ADVICE ! PEACE !!

Pull the rope like you're curling a dumb bell. This is the best way I know how to describe it. This will naturally limit how far you yank it.

Thanks, will do. no fun breakin pull-starts and due to my Parkinsons Disease i can't fix the pull-start cause i can't control my hands well enough. peace