Dust off the rc10.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand why. I couldn't do the whole "shelf queen" thing. I wanna play with em. Bash, break, fix, repeat. Words I live by lol

I started collecting rc's & parts about 12 years ago from ebay ,back then ,ebay was booming with
tons of parts an aftermarket hop-up parts.Now these days its went caput!

My Mgt basher has about $300 bucks in hop-up parts ,its got Hardcore shock towers on there that
can't be bought no more!
An Mip super duty axles & drive shafts ,also Lunsford titanium tie rods.An aluminum rims.
Aluminum steering rack.
Those there were bought on ebay about 12 years ago an I only payed about a $100 bucks for that
stuff along with other hop-ups for the Mgt's that I have.
I have another Mgt that is a shelf queen an it don't have no hop=ups other than the roll cage
& robinson spur gear.

Yeah! That's what I needed to see! The finished product! Every time I see pics, vids etc of the gt, it just gets me wanting to dive in and get to building! I can't wait to get that .18 screaming again. It's been down for far too long! Thanks for posting that!
Btw, I do understand the shelf queen thing and all, but these things need to be run, not waxed! (no offense @Rolex)

I just can't muster the thought of putting it out in the dirt!....:rolleyes:

I got too many others to do that dirty fun stuff!...:p

I have to say, while I can see the occasional rip around the gravel driveway, I do see the gt as being a lot more of a pavement pounder... With all I've seen and heard about keeping the front end on the ground being such an issue, putting it out on a dirt track seems a lil pointless... I guess once I get up and running, I'll see for myself. Unless I decide to do a nice new chassis etc, I can't see this one being anything near a shelf queen tho. Most certainly has seen its fair share of use already. Yes, I have a few that are very comfortable getting right in the dirt etc. already.

I have 7 rc10gt and 2 rc10gt2's
I love them. very durable easy to work on.

Parts are getting hard to find. I am always looking for spares

here are a few
016-1.jpg

For what its worth, I love this thread. Keep it goin boys. :thumbs-up:

I got this going today ,I had glow igniter problems ,it ran great ,but lost a front hinge pin ,I will have to make one ,
an I think that I will modify for a captured set screw with putting a flat spot on the pin!

Try to get a running vid today or tomorrow!...:cool:

Ok ,fixed the pin by drilling a hole in the a-arm for a set screw ,then ground a little spot on the hinge pin ,
so now it is good to go on a Go=pro!.....:celebrate:

Sucker better start tomorrow!,,,,

I started RC with a losi xxx-nt. Was like a more fragile version of that. Wish I hadn't listened to the hobby shop and got the RC10GT... at least then I could have run RPM arms. I went through sssssooooooooooooooooo many arms on that thing!

I have a couple duratrax nitro evader's (I think) under my workbench. A guy at work gave them to me... I may just set them out by the dumpster as I really don't want to mess with them.

I started RC with a losi xxx-nt. Was like a more fragile version of that. Wish I hadn't listened to the hobby shop and got the RC10GT... at least then I could have run RPM arms. I went through sssssooooooooooooooooo many arms on that thing!

I have a couple duratrax nitro evader's (I think) under my workbench. A guy at work gave them to me... I may just set them out by the dumpster as I really don't want to mess with them.

I fixed a Losi nt for a person one time ,it had trans problems ,I wanted to get a used one off of E-bay just to have
it in my collection because I kind fell in love with it ,I still see them on E-bay ,but if I did get one an refurbish it ,it
would only sit like this one ,I enjoy this one ,an do break it out for a quick run once or twice a year.

Here is the 2 that I fixed !

You can fix one of those duratrax up as a nitro street car ,that would be cool ,if I had one ,that's probably
what I would do ,as I don't run those little guy's as bashers out in the field!

I fixed a Losi nt for a person one time ,it had trans problems ,I wanted to get a used one off of E-bay just to have
it in my collection because I kind fell in love with it ,I still see them on E-bay ,but if I did get one an refurbish it ,it
would only sit like this one ,I enjoy this one ,an do break it out for a quick run once or twice a year.

Here is the 2 that I fixed !

You can fix one of those duratrax up as a nitro street car ,that would be cool ,if I had one ,that's probably
what I would do ,as I don't run those little guy's as bashers out in the field!
Yeah, they are the buggy version of the evader and are in sorry shape. I think I have enough stuff between the two of them and the bag of parts they came with to make a runner, but I have no desire to mess with them. lol!

He had said he was including an on-road, which is what I really wanted as I never had one, figured it would be fun to zip around a parking lot or something. Then he showed up with this stuff and said he gave the onroad to a nephew.

Yeah, they are the buggy version of the evader and are in sorry shape. I think I have enough stuff between the two of them and the bag of parts they came with to make a runner, but I have no desire to mess with them. lol!

He had said he was including an on-road, which is what I really wanted as I never had one, figured it would be fun to zip around a parking lot or something. Then he showed up with this stuff and said he gave the onroad to a nephew.

I had the Duratrax street force ,it kept up with the Traxxas 4-tec ,me an my friend across the street use to race them up &
down the street back in the 90's ,had a lot of fun with 2 screamin nitro's going down the road at 50 mph......LOL

That street force was Duratrax's work of art ,I miss that car ,I may try to find another ,that car was only $ 139.00 bucks
with out radio gear!

if you really want to get rid of em i would take it off your hands, been wanting to get a nitro stadium truck.
always had a soft spot for the evaders, probably would just build it to have it a shelf queen that i occasionally ran.
was about to get a roller off ebay the other day lol.

Ok ,fixed the pin by drilling a hole in the a-arm for a set screw ,then ground a little spot on the hinge pin ,
so now it is good to go on a Go=pro!.....:celebrate:

Sucker better start tomorrow!,,,,

this thing is so clean... been having issues with the engine on my brother in law's RC10GT but these things are awesome!

this thing is so clean... been having issues with the engine on my brother in law's RC10GT but these things are awesome!

THNX!

All these years that they been out ,LOL.....They are still a lot of fun to goof around with!
A 12 to 15 size engine is all you really need for those little guy's ,those engines are a dime a dozen!

One of the reasons that I don't run that truck that much ,is the engine is old ,an quite expensive to just go out
an buy today!
I use to have the Gt 2 version with the 15 ,I gave it to my nephew as I really didn't need it ,so ,you can also
look around for that model as well ,I am seeing a ton of those old stadiums on E-bay ,cheap ,I am almost
tempted to get another!....LOL

THNX!

All these years that they been out ,LOL.....They are still a lot of fun to goof around with!
A 12 to 15 size engine is all you really need for those little guy's ,those engines are a dime a dozen!

One of the reasons that I don't run that truck that much ,is the engine is old ,an quite expensive to just go out
an buy today!
I use to have the Gt 2 version with the 15 ,I gave it to my nephew as I really didn't need it ,so ,you can also
look around for that model as well ,I am seeing a ton of those old stadiums on E-bay ,cheap ,I am almost
tempted to get another!....LOL
he has an old picco .12R C-speed engine in it. thing is way to fast when running lol, but getting it tuned is turning out to be challenging.

he has an old picco .12R C-speed engine in it. thing is way to fast when running lol, but getting it tuned is turning out to be challenging.

The first thing to check on that sense it is old ,is the compression ,usually with bad compression ,a engine will start ,but with
a rich setting ,then after it warms up ,the engine will simply not run again ,that is a symptom of bad compression with out
having a gauge!

But ,as I always express to people ,always check the head bolts an make sure that they are tight an not leaking at
the head before assuming that the engine lost its pinch!
I had several engines that it was only loose head bolts!

You can also pull the needles ,an put some grease on them for a quick fix ,it that helps with tune ,then it is a carb. issue!
Also ,check an see if the tanks enternal filter is clogging ,an the pressure tube on the muffler!

The first thing to check on that sense it is old ,is the compression ,usually with bad compression ,a engine will start ,but with
a rich setting ,then after it warms up ,the engine will simply not run again ,that is a symptom of bad compression with out
having a gauge!

But ,as I always express to people ,always check the head bolts an make sure that they are tight an not leaking at
the head before assuming that the engine lost its pinch!
I had several engines that it was only loose head bolts!

You can also pull the needles ,an put some grease on them for a quick fix ,it that helps with tune ,then it is a carb. issue!
Also ,check an see if the tanks enternal filter is clogging ,an the pressure tube on the muffler!
still has really good compression surprisingly, still even has some pinch at the top with no plug in it is the crazy thing. it definitely sat in the dust for some time though. trying to teach him as much about nitro as i can, so ill have him seal the engine to be safe and go over it. dont remember if he pulled apart and cleaned extremely thoroughly the engine in this or not.
will double check the head bolts

still has really good compression surprisingly, still even has some pinch at the top with no plug in it is the crazy thing. it definitely sat in the dust for some time though. trying to teach him as much about nitro as i can, so ill have him seal the engine to be safe and go over it. dont remember if he pulled apart and cleaned extremely thoroughly the engine in this or not.
will double check the head bolts

Yea ,definitely check those things ,an if he did have the head off at one time ,make sure that the head shims or gaskets
aren't scared or boogered up ,I would seal the engine ,if it is a pull start ,make sure it doesn't leak out at the starter out-
put shaft ,or backplate!

Back