Dust off the rc10.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
After sitting for about 5yrs after I built it,its time to dust & run.
Getting tired of it being a shelf queen!

SANY0001.jpg

SANY0002_1.jpg

Have vid later!

Pretty cool seeing how much RC has changed in such a short time.

Pretty cool seeing how much RC has changed in such a short time.

Thnx Woodie!

An they are still awesome to run!
I'm not even done with adding stuff to it yet,I wanted to add some 1/4 drive axles,woven ,carbon towers ,robinson
spur ,an last but not least ,custom make tranny mount out of aluminum.

These cars are a whole lot of fun. I've got close to 30 rc cars now and my 1/10 stadium truck (XXXNT) is still my all time favorite.
Glad to see you got yours up and running again.:thumbs-down:

I agree they changed alot since the 90's but dont count these out. They are a blast and I still prefer them over the new ones for some reason.

After sitting for about 5yrs after I built it,its time to dust & run.
Getting tired of it being a shelf queen!

SANY0001.jpg

SANY0002_1.jpg

Have vid later!
Wish I never got rid of mine , just had nowhere to run it ,real hard trying to
keep the front end on the ground

I love it! I'm rescuing (slowly) a blue chassis now! Very cool!

I can see how that would happen with a wide and light chassis. I was told (and believe because of all the weights) that mine wouldn't stay in the ground with an os 18 in it. I can't wait to find out for myself!

I can see how that would happen with a wide and light chassis. I was told (and believe because of all the weights) that mine wouldn't stay in the ground with an os 18 in it. I can't wait to find out for myself!

I had bought a used Rc 10 gt used on ebay about 7 yrs ago an it had the cvr 18 on it already ,
It was nasty & used & abused.So the first thing I did was to check an see if it would fire up an run.
To my surprise ,it ran like a striped a$$ ape ,an that's when it hydro lifted at fullthrottle doing about 50 mph an
still was pulling.
After going throught the car ,I tried to do it again at full throttle with the body on ,but wont lift.
I'm afraid to with out the body now because I had just customized the head.:cool:

I believe that the Os cvr 18 was by far the best engine in its class that was ever put on
market...hands down!

Yeah... I'd Def rather bang up the body than to wreck the engine. Either that or built a nice lil roll bar for it. I want to get running and doing all the normal stuff... I'll think about mods after all that. I've always loved associated. It's my very close second to Kyosho. They are great cars, old or new, stock or mod'd, they always seem to hold up great and are always a blast. Easy to work on for the most part too.

It even looks like it hauls major ass. I wish I could have a chance to drive an older 90's RC. Just seeing all the major differences in cars from 20 years ago to the cars that are made now is pretty mind blowing.

Man that thing freakin books! And it wasn't tuned either? I'm anxious to see how quick it is when it's tuned.

Back