Duratrax 1/10 nissan gtr .18 engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

street silence

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello guys so i have a duratrax. I have a couple questions, my engine gets to hot and it waste a lot of nitro also i need help please?

If it gets too hot and wastes fuel at the same time I would say the p/s is shot and a possible air leak

Whats p/s?

Piston/sleeve combo, every nitro engine has them.

So do i have to take the engine apart and check it or what? Its brand new i tried breaking it in but it would just waist nitro and it waist a quart of it with out me even driving it

Then it is probably not too hot! And actually too cold and rich...
What makes you think its too hot ?

This is before i moved the high speed needle

---------- Post added at 3:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 3:20 AM ----------

Would that complete the break in

What you are experianceing is the "break in pains"and also are running too rich for a proper break in, you should really get yourself a temp gauge bud,temps should be around 240 f.......still waiting on an answer as to why you say its too hot

Yea I'm getting one as soon as i get my paycheck. Thanks i will keep that in mind or look back to this. Because i burn my self when i touched it thats why

---------- Post added at 4:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 4:10 AM ----------

Do you think I'm done with the break in or still continue driving slow and a little rich

Its hard to get the right tuning well for me it is

Well wouldn't touch an auto engine once its warmed up would ya, lol, these run hotter! ....if you havent been getting the temps up to the degree I mentioned then the engine hasnt been properly broken in

Yea i really do need it, I'm going to tell my moms boyfriends friend to give me a temp gun

Dude just buy yourself a new duratrax flashpoint and call it a day,....

Their fkn expensive

---------- Post added at 1:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:25 AM ----------

Haha i know i just make it easy and buy one but if i could get one for free why not you know ^-^

If you think 20$ is expensive then find another hobby

Hahaha

---------- Post added at 1:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:32 AM ----------

Yea i know I'm such a lop