Dumb thread: show me your toy grade RC.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 1.58.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 1.58.42 PM.png
    578 KB · Views: 37

Got this hardbody jada toys rc escalade for $20 on kijiiji. I bought it because of nostalgia, I use to have this exact same one as a kid. Actually this and my new bright hummer h2 were the first rc's i ever took apart and tried to customize. Now I'm more knowledgeable on what to do so this time the upgrades will bee different but better in a way, Hopefully. Running video's coming soon.

This is kinda dumb, but I wanted to see the results.
Roger Mears is the father of NASCAR driver Casey Mears and is 5 years older than his brother, Rick Mears, a 4-time Indianapolis 500 winner.

Attachments

• dddcreen Shot 2020-11-15 at 1.59.43 PM.png
    dddcreen Shot 2020-11-15 at 1.59.43 PM.png
    680.3 KB · Views: 39
Pick the car of your choice.
Aren't mose of those hobby grade RC vehicles. I know that the comical ones are kind of toy grade, but isn't the Clodbuster a hobby grade.

Pretty sure they are hobby grade, they do have a lot of aftermarket parts and people used to compete with them.
Far from hobby grade, they don't even have proportional steering. I tried them for about 10 minutes, then it sat and collected dust till going to the dump one day.

I am young, so I don't know much about the old ones, but I know that you need to supply your own transmitter, receiver, and servo for the newer ones.

The new ones might be slightly better then.
The new Super Clodbuster only comes with the motor and ESC, which can run a 2s lipo.

That's not an Xmod, that's a Tamiya product.
I thought you were talking about Tamiya. I know nothing about Xmods or any onroad cars really.

Back