Dumb thread: show me your toy grade RC.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

>BD

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
This is kinda dumb, but I wanted to see the results.

My premium toy radio controlled rc

Attachments

• jerobee 1.jpg
    jerobee 1.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 55
I got this at Goodwill, several years ago. Cost three bucks including the dead batteries. Yes, this RTR vehicle really is R/C controlled, and will travel at least the length of the avg. living room. It could race a snail and lose. Sorry, no upgrades currently available, the wheelie bar is just for looks. Three tiny screws holds the whole thing together. On the bottom is printed: Do not "bash", this will void the 4 day warranty. Do not drop from a height greater than 4 inches. Don't waste your time looking . . . there is no un-boxing video on YouTube. If there was, it would be 30 seconds long including the 15 second opening logo. On the bottom it says made in China for the instructions are in Russian. They discontinued making these batteries back in 1986. It operates on the 6 Khz band that is shared with powered paper & balsa wood airplanes and older models of CB radios. (breaker - breaker big R/C comin' thru) Luckily, this R/C vehicle came with a xeroxed 16 page trouble-shooting guide. The ESC is a tiny plastic box with nothing in it.The factory calls it: VSC (Virtual Speed Control) The steering is also sluggish due to the VSC - virtual servo control. There is a slight delay from sending a signal to the car responding, it averages anywhere between 14 seconds and the time it takes to go make a snack and open a beer. And as you have already guessed, the unit comes with 3 stock gears - virtual gearing of course. There is also a warning sticker on the bottom: "Danger - not to be operated by anyone under the age of 26." For safety sakes, there is a governor on the motor to prevent the wheels turning faster than .5 RPM. Surprizingly, this car can be programed using the virtual ESC for punch control, mainly for safety reasons. In case it starts going out of control, you can just punch it with your hand to stop it, or you can just step on it with your foot. A big plus for this car, after a rough day of racing is that it is 100%, Dishwasher Safe". For $26.95, you can buy a 3 DVD set that teaches you how to competitively drive this car. If someone or animal steps on this unit and crushes it beyond recognition, please act responsibly and dispose of the virtual batteries at a local virtual battery disposal site. The detailing on this car is spot on, even though there is no full size car that was ever manufactured. If you choose to race this car amongst your peers, it is in the racing class 4 places below the Mini-Micro series. Final warning: the virtual batteries have been know to erupt into flames 50 % of the time so, keep them in the garage but not near the refrigerator where you keep your beer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.21.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.21.38 PM.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Goodwill. three bucks. Including dead batteries. Yes, it really is R/C controlled, for at least the length of the avg. living room. It could race a snail and lose. Sorry, no upgrades currently available, the wheelie bar is just for looks.
I had an earlier version as a kid that was more simplistic and had completely exposed electronics. Well, I broke it by filling a sink with liquid soap and driving it through that. I got another one a few years later and it broke just because I took it on a dirt patch.

I had an earlier version as a kid that was more simplistic and had completely exposed electronics. Well, I broke it by filling a sink with liquid soap and driving it through that. I got another one a few years later and it broke just because I took it on a dirt patch.
I did the same thing to my car, the sink full of water, maybe we are related.

Do I have to? I don't wanna. What are XMODs? Are they hobby or toy? I think mine is Gen 2, a black Skyline GTR. No one answered my thread last year about it.

I did the same thing to my car, the sink full of water, maybe we are related.
Yes, when I was 9, I also dug a 1 foot deep hole in my backyard and put a large wooden plank over it and drove my FPV car over it and it fell in the water and died.

Do I have to? I don't wanna. What are XMODs? Are they hobby or toy? I think mine is Gen 2, a black Skyline GTR. No one answered my thread last year about it.

Pretty sure they are hobby grade, they do have a lot of aftermarket parts and people used to compete with them.

Anybody know what kind of hybrid R/C vehicle this is? It has an interesting suspension, and just look at the dual motor drive.

Attachments

• prototypw.png
    prototypw.png
    600.9 KB · Views: 169
Anybody know what kind of hybrid R/C vehicle this is? It has an interesting suspension, and just look at the dual motor drive.
Really curious to what that is.

Really curious to what that is.
I did a Google reverse image search and all I got was some full size red farm equipment. Tin Eye search engine looked through 42 billion images and found nothing. We may never know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 2.51.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 2.51.31 PM.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 52
It's a prototype for a Tron Lightcycle. Before Skynet saw it and destroyed it. Skynet: "Not on my watch. Peew! Peew!"

Back