FMS Garbage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakebullett

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
This is the third time I purchased an FMS RC truck and each time it failed in just a couple days. Needless to say this is my last FMS purchase. Their customer service is non existent. They want me to send them a video of the truck doing nothing as it is DOA. Five emails into it and all they do is run me in circles. FMS has the worst customer service possible. They have no desire to remedy anything. They want you do do back flips through hoops of fire just so they can tell you they will not replace anything. Stay away from FMS anything. These are toys, not hobby grade. FMS service is in China, they could not care less about their customers. Their stuff looks cool but that is where it ends. Everything they sell is junk.

That's one of the main reasons I don't buy Chinese brands. I have gone through the same exact stuff a number of times with banggood. And that is exactly what they did to me. Every reply from them was another question. It took me 6 months to get a replacement part the last time I had a problem. But from what I have seen the FMS stuff has been pretty decent. You just need to buy from a reputible seller here who will help you get the problem fixed, like Amain or Horizon.

Furitek is just as bad. I bought a Smasher chassis that was missing the hardware, and the Furitek customer service moron I was initially talking to kept telling me the kit comes with no hardware. Meanwhile, Amain sent me a complete replacement of the order, which by the way came with the hardware. After about 10 emails, and me sticking a couple complaints on YouTube, Furitek finally had someone higher up contact me who also sent me a replacement chassis for my trouble, which also came with the exact same hardware bag as the Amain one did.

The point of this is every time I have dealt with Horizon, Amain, Heli Direct, or a number of other US based shops, the customer service has been better than expected. One or two emails or a phone call and the problem is resolved. Chinese companies couldn't care less about you. That being said... Treal customer service is phenominal.

That's one of the main reasons I don't buy Chinese brands. I have gone through the same exact stuff a number of times with banggood. And that is exactly what they did to me. Every reply from them was another question. It took me 6 months to get a replacement part the last time I had a problem. But from what I have seen the FMS stuff has been pretty decent. You just need to buy from a reputible seller here who will help you get the problem fixed, like Amain or Horizon.

Furitek is just as bad. I bought a Smasher chassis that was missing the hardware, and the Furitek customer service moron I was initially talking to kept telling me the kit comes with no hardware. Meanwhile, Amain sent me a complete replacement of the order, which by the way came with the hardware. After about 10 emails, and me sticking a couple complaints on YouTube, Furitek finally had someone higher up contact me who also sent me a replacement chassis for my trouble, which also came with the exact same hardware bag as the Amain one did.

The point of this is every time I have dealt with Horizon, Amain, Heli Direct, or a number of other US based shops, the customer service has been better than expected. One or two emails or a phone call and the problem is resolved. Chinese companies couldn't care less about you. That being said... Treal customer service is phenominal.
I agree. The only problem is I purchased it direct from FMS!!! There was no middle man. They just suck at customer service and their stuff is unreliable at best. I have had nothing but awesome CS from Horizon, A-main, and Hobby Town which are all the same anyway but, yes always great experience from them. FMS is minor league in both product quality and support. I would never recommend FMS to anyone. Their stuff looks great but that's it. All form, no function.

Which particular FMS vehicles did you have a problem with, and what were the issues? Just curious as I've had no problems with any of mine. 🤔

Which particular FMS vehicles did you have a problem with, and what were the issues? Just curious as I've had no problems with any of mine. 🤔
I've not noticed any quality issues with our Smasher. Seems like a pretty tough rig. I wouldn't mind getting a couple more of them along with a few of their other trucks.

Back