Double duty recommendations?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you really think anyone cares?
another good stalking / insult post. it wasn't directed at you if you thought it was my mistake. glad you still have alot of hate inside.. let it all out!

i see grin liked the post so at least the person it was directed to cared? strange you would feel the need to talk to me since you hate me so much :)

My Defender has the option to lock or unlock each diff via remote. However, I just keep both of mine locked all the time.
Yes. The full trim trx has unlockable and lockable independent diffs as well as 2 speed. The sport model is single speed with full time locked diffs

^^^^THIS^^^^^

@1Scorpion You are in search of a unicorn. If you find it, let us know. 😉

My TRX4 has the tall, heavy, scaled Defender body and it is very capable on rocks. The Sport, with the significantly lighter and lcg, should be even better. Have you added any brass weights down low (portal covers, diff covers, metal wheels, etc)?
View attachment 139864View attachment 139865
I’m still running my truck totally stock. Luckily I haven’t had any issues. My only crawling problem seems to be occasionally dragging and hanging up on the bumpers. It’s been a great truck.
Not sure what to get for a second rig. Might have to get something different maybe a 2wd Slash or Rustler.
But I still like a competition crawler. I’m working on upping my budget.

another good stalking / insult post. it wasn't directed at you if you thought it was my mistake. glad you still have alot of hate inside.. let it all out!

i see grin liked the post so at least the person it was directed to cared? strange you would feel the need to talk to me since you hate me so much :)
He doesn't care, he just felt sorry for you

He doesn't care, he just felt sorry for you
Seems there's some bad blood here...let's move on guys, no need to dwell in how many RCs one guy has and what he bought, post that in the "What Did You Buy Today" thread!

I'm not by any means trying to point fingers here, and I'm not saying anybody's wrong or right here, just want to help keep the forum a positive place. :)

Back to topic.. Being unsure what I want I stopped at the local hobby shop. I ordered the inner fender kit for my TRX4 sport. Then I was checking out the Axial scx24 . Thinking for indoor use seeing we’re about to get 4-8 inches of snow. That’s when it happened for just a little more money I bought the ECX 1/18 Temper crawler.
I’m waiting for the battery to charge then let the fun began. At this price point it will let me compare something different. It seems well built. If I end up liking this style truck I can either upgrade it or spend more money on a better unit. Meanwhile if someone visits and wants to try it I’ll have two trucks.
I also figure this will be something smaller for some indoor crawling. I don’t have much space seeing how we are full time rvers. Positive comments or suggestions are always welcome.

I have had good luck with 1/10 ecx trucks in the past. can't go wrong having a little guy around IMO.

I’ve only used it indoors today. The snow turned out to be rain all day. I like it and think it will be a very capable crawler. After I get to go trailing I’ll let you all know what I think. For right now at the price of just over $150. I like it. Everything works like it should it will even try to climb a wall.

I’ve only used it indoors today. The snow turned out to be rain all day. I like it and think it will be a very capable crawler. After I get to go trailing I’ll let you all know what I think. For right now at the price of just over $150. I like it. Everything works like it should it will even try to climb a wall.
Hey where in NC are you? I'm in Winston-Salem

I’m in Murphy NC. I took the Temper outside in the cold and snow. It lasted longer than me lol ! Drove it around in about 2-3 inches of snow. And climbed a log pile. It did real good. The tires surprised me . The treads filled with snow and kept gripping. They would be easy to change seeing how it comes with bead lockers. There is a steering modification I’ve seen on line that I’ll try to do when the weather lets up. But stock out of the box it’s a lot of fun. And waterproof.

Cool, I'd never seen one of those before. :thumbs-up:
You mean the ECX Temper?
I have had good luck with 1/10 ecx trucks in the past. can't go wrong having a little guy around IMO.
I've heard pros and cons about the ESC rigs, you like 'em? What are the weaknesses of the brand and rig? Would you recommend?

Sorry, yep, could have been a little clearer in my post. :wacky:
You mean transparent? Or you mean you could have cleared things up a bit? My workbench could use a good clearing. I'll pm ya my address.

Sorry, yep, could have been a little clearer in my post. :wacky:
All ok, I'm a bit vague too sometimes! I'm trying to be more clear when I post stuff, I've read many vague/bad grammar replies around the web and am trying not to make people scratch their heads and go "What is he trying to say??"
You mean transparent? Or you mean you could have cleared things up a bit? My workbench could use a good clearing. I'll pm ya my address.
Ah man, don't go picking at @Doom's wording lol! :)

Now now people, we don't have to list all things that are "clear" or "transparent"! And what does your cluttered workbench and address have to do with @Doom? 🤣🤣

Make sure you leave all the good stuff on it and I'll clear it off in a jiffy! :p 🤣

Make sure you leave all the good stuff on it and I'll clear it off in a jiffy! :p 🤣
LOL!! (I am literally laughing) I'll help too, just hold on while I fly across 2/3rd of the country to get to your workbench (actually because of covid I probably shouldn't fly!). Somehow I'm reluctant to tidy my own room but I'm willing to help someone else clean their workbench🤣🤣
My RC stuff is your RC stuff bro. Come play 😉
Coming! 🤣🤣 Wanna come here too? I don't have nearly as much RC stuff though!

LOL!! (I am literally laughing) I'll help too, just hold on while I fly across 2/3rd of the country to get to your workbench (actually because of covid I probably shouldn't fly!). Somehow I'm reluctant to tidy my own room but I'm willing to help someone else clean their workbench🤣🤣

Coming! 🤣🤣 Wanna come here too? I don't have nearly as much RC stuff though!
I'd be down to travel anywhere to RC with the guys here if I were still physically able to do so. We don't have anything around me that is fun to drive over cept a flat field.

Back